PG-13 | 1h 19min | Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Fantasy, Adventure, Animation
9 (2009) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
9 (2009) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Elijah Wood, Fred Tatasciore, Christopher Plummer, Tom Kane, John C. Reilly
Directed by Shane Acker
Student Academy Award winner Shane Acker directs an animated fantasy epic, produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley & Dana Ginsburg. The surreal tale takes place in a world parallel to our own, a post-apocalyptic fantasy nightmare in which the very legacy of humanity is threatened.
Synopsis: In a world destroyed in a war between man and machine, a hand-stitched doll with the number 9 written on its back comes to life. The world he has awakened in is frightening, but he quickly learns that he is not alone and that there are others like him, also with a single digit written on their back. The first one he encounters is 2 who tells him something of what happened to the world. 2 is also thrilled with the disk 9 is carrying, one with three unique symbols on the front. 9 soon learns that the disk and some of the other dolls who are prepared to die for the good of humankind may be the last hope for man's salvation.
Tagline: (1) To Protect Us...
Storyline: A rag doll that awakens in a postapocalyptic future holds the key to humanity's salvation.
9 (2009) Movie Details
- Directors: Shane Acker
- Writers: Pamela Pettler, Shane Acker
- Cast: Elijah Wood, Fred Tatasciore, Christopher Plummer, Tom Kane, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Crispin Glover, Martin Landau, Helen Wilson, Alan Oppenheimer
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Fantasy, Adventure, Animation
- Producers: Timur Bekmambetov, Tim Burton, Lilian Eche, Dana Ginsburg, Jinko Gotoh, Jim Lemley, Marci Levine, Graham Moloy, Pierre Urbain
- Musicians: Deborah Lurie
- Cinematographers: Kevin R. Adams
- Editors: Nick Kenway
- Runtime: 79 min / 1h 19min
- Year: 2009
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 9
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.