A Clockwork Orange (1971)
R | 2h 16min | Drama, Sci-Fi, Crime
A Clockwork Orange (1971) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
A Clockwork Orange (1971) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Malcolm McDowell, Roy Beck, Pat Roach, Adolf Hitler, Gaye Brown
Directed by Stanley Kubrick
Synopsis: In future Britain, Alex DeLarge, a charismatic and psycopath delinquent, who likes to practice crimes and ultra-violence with his gang, is jailed and volunteers for an experimental aversion therapy developed by the government in an effort to solve society’s crime problem - but not all goes according to plan.
Tagline: Being the adventures of a young man ... who couldn’t resist pretty girls ... or a bit of the old ultra-violence ... went to jail, was re-conditioned ... and came out a different young man ... or was he ?
Synopsis: Protagonist Alex DeLarge is an "ultraviolent" youth in futuristic Britain. As with all luck, his eventually runs out and he's arrested and convicted of murder and rape. While in prison, Alex learns of an experimental program in which convicts are programmed to detest violence. If he goes through the program, his sentence will be reduced and he will be back on the streets sooner than expected. But Alex's ordeals are far from over once he hits the mean streets of Britain that he had a hand in creating.
Tagline: Being the adventures of a young man ... who couldn't resist pretty girls ... or a bit of the old ultra-violence ... went to jail, was re-conditioned ... and came out a different young man ... or was he ?
Storyline: In the future, a sadistic gang leader is imprisoned and volunteers for a conduct-aversion experiment, but it doesn't go as planned.
A Clockwork Orange (1971) Movie Details
- Directors: Stanley Kubrick
- Writers: Stanley Kubrick, Anthony Burgess
- Cast: Malcolm McDowell, Roy Beck, Pat Roach, Adolf Hitler, Gaye Brown, Guy Standeven, Steven Berkoff, Michael Gover, Philip Stone, Aubrey Morris, Norman Gay, Sheila Raynor, Arthur Tatler, Adrienne Corri, Barrie Cookson, Jack Arrow, Harry Hutchinson, Alec Wallis, Carl Duering, Jan Adair, Joe Bartlett, Katharina Kubrick, Sister Watkins, Robert Bruce, Paul Farrell, Peter Burton, Olive Mercer, Glenys O'Brien, Clive Francis, John J. Carney
- Genres: Drama, Sci-Fi, Crime
- Producers: Stanley Kubrick, Si Litvinoff, Max L. Raab, Bernard Williams
- Cinematographers: John Alcott
- Editors: Bill Butler
- Runtime: 136 min / 2h 16min
- Year: 1971
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 9
- Nominations: 19
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.