R | 1h 56min | Horror, Sci-Fi
Alien (1979) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Alien (1979) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Sigourney Weaver, Ian Holm, John Hurt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton
Directed by Ridley Scott
Director Ridley Scott‘s Alien (1979) struck the perfect balance between horror and sci-fi. The crew of a space merchant vessel receive a transmission thinking it a distress call, proceed to investigate. The crew is then attacked by the mysterious life-form via facehugger and the final form of the Alien. Alien had an estimated movie budget of $11 million and grossed $78.9 million a the box office. Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, and John Hurt star in Alien.
Synopsis: In the distant future, the crew of the commercial spaceship Nostromo are on their way home when they pick up a distress call from a distant moon. The crew are under obligation to investigate and the spaceship descends on the moon afterwards. After a rough landing, three crew members leave the spaceship to explore the area on the moon. At the same time as they discover a hive colony of some unknown creature, the ship's computer deciphers the message to be a warning, not a distress call. When one of the eggs is disturbed, the crew realizes that they are not alone on the spaceship and they must deal with the consequences.
Tagline: In space no one can hear you scream.
Storyline: After a space merchant vessel perceives an unknown transmission as a distress call, its landing on the source moon finds one of the crew attacked by a mysterious lifeform, and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.
Alien (1979) Movie Details
- Directors: Ridley Scott
- Writers: Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett
- Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Ian Holm, John Hurt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, Tom Skerritt, Yaphet Kotto, Eddie Powell, Bolaji Badejo, Helen Horton
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Gordon Carroll, David Giler, Walter Hill, Ivor Powell, Ronald Shusett
- Musicians: Jerry Goldsmith
- Cinematographers: Derek Vanlint
- Editors: David Crowther, Terry Rawlings, Peter Weatherley
- Our Score: 8/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 8.54/10 of 686,457 Votes!
- Runtime: 116 min / 1h 56min
- Year: 1979
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 1
- Awards: 16
- Nominations: 20
Elapsed Time: 0.0021 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.