Alien: Covenant (2017)
R | 2h 02min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
Alien: Covenant (2017) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Digital HD: May 01, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
- VOD: March 04, 2016
Alien: Covenant (2017) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Javier Botet, Goran D. Kleut, Michael Fassbender, James Franco, Carmen Ejogo
Directed by Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott‘s Alien: Covenant (2017) was once titled Alien: Paradise Lost (2017) and I would not be surprised if it were changed again. Alien: Covenant releases far into 2017 so this is early news, but it is confirmed that this film will directly tie into events leading up to Alien (1979). Michael Fassbender has been confirmed to reprise his role as David with Noomi Rapace expected to return as Elizabeth in some form at least. Alien: Covenant (2017) will release in movie theaters on August 4, 2017.
Update: Alien: Covenant (2017) release date is now May 19, 2017.
Synopsis: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ‘Alien’ with ‘Alien: Covenant’, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with ‘Prometheus’—and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world—whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
Synopsis: Almost eleven years after the disastrous expedition to the distant moon LV-223, the deep-space colonisation vessel Covenant, with more than 2,000 colonists in cryogenic hibernation, is on course for the remote planet Origae-6 with the intention to build a new world. Instead, a rogue transmission entices the crew to a nearby habitable planet which resembles Earth. The unsuspecting crewmembers of the Covenant will have to cope with biological foes beyond human comprehension. Ultimately, what was intended as a peaceful exploratory mission, will soon turn into a desperate rescue operation in uncharted space.
Storyline: The crew of a colony ship, bound for a remote planet, discover an uncharted paradise with a threat beyond their imagination, and must attempt a harrowing escape.
Alien: Covenant (2017) Movie Details
- Directors: Ridley Scott
- Writers: Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett, Jack Paglen
- Cast: Javier Botet, Goran D. Kleut, Michael Fassbender, James Franco, Carmen Ejogo, Danny McBride, Amy Seimetz, Guy Pearce, Callie Hernandez, Alexander England, Steve Doyle, Billy Crudup, Noomi Rapace, Benjamin W. Sullivan, Tess Haubrich, Benjamin Taylor, Katherine Waterston, Demián Bichir, Jussie Smollett, Benjamin Rigby, Uli Latukefu, Nathaniel Dean, Matt Scaletti, Lorelei King, Andrew Crawford, Demian Bichir, Juke Hardy, Billy Mansell, Scott James, Benjamin W Sullivan
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
- Producers: David Giler, Amy Greene, Walter Hill, Mark Huffam, Hannah Ireland, Teresa Kelly, Michael Schaefer, Ridley Scott
- Musicians: Jed Kurzel
- Cinematographers: Dariusz Wolski
- Editors: Pietro Scalia
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.68/10 of 231,589 Votes!
- Runtime: 122 min / 2h 02min
- Year: 2017
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 13
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.