Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
PG-13 | 2h 02min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Romance
Alita: Battle Angel (2019) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
- VOD: March 04, 2016
Alita: Battle Angel (2019) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Derek Mears, Gary Teague, Martavious Gayles, Jackie Earle Haley, King
Directed by Robert Rodriguez
Synopsis: In the twenty-sixth century, a female cyborg is rescued from the scrap heap by a scientist.
Visionary filmmakers James Cameron (AVATAR) and Robert Rodriguez (SIN CITY) create a groundbreaking new heroine in ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, an action-packed story of hope, love and empowerment. Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first. As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives.
Synopsis: Alita is a creation from an age of despair. Found by the mysterious Dr. Ido while trolling for cyborg parts, Alita becomes a lethal, dangerous being. She cannot remember who she is, or where she came from. But to Dr. Ido, the truth is all too clear. She is the one being who can break the cycle of death and destruction left behind from Tiphares. But to accomplish her true purpose, she must fight and kill. And that is where Alita's true significance comes to bear. She is an angel from heaven. She is an angel of death.
Tagline: Her Legend Begins.
Storyline: A deactivated cyborg is revived, but cannot remember anything of her past life and goes on a quest to find out who she is.
Alita: Battle Angel (2019) Movie Details
- Directors: Robert Rodriguez
- Writers: James Cameron, Laeta Kalogridis, Yukito Kishiro
- Cast: Derek Mears, Gary Teague, Martavious Gayles, Jackie Earle Haley, King, Casper Van Dien, Jai Courtney, Michael Love Toliver, Jeff Fahey, Michelle Rodriguez, Jennifer Connelly, Colin Haag Jr., Heath Young, Jeffrey Stirl, Billy Blair, Stan Taylor, John Wirt, Stephen Latham, Sam Medina, Ed Skrein, Mahershala Ali, Vincent Fuentes, Gregory Alexander Wight, Alex Moore, Tony Guerrero, Elle LaMont, Paulina Manseau, Ryan Johnson, Michelle Smith, Andre Pelzer
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Romance
- Producers: James Cameron, Jon Landau, David Valdes
- Musicians: Junkie XL
- Cinematographers: Bill Pope
- Editors: Stephen E. Rivkin, Ian Silverstein
- Runtime: 122 min / 2h 02min
- Year: 2019
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.