Apollo 18 (2011)
PG-13 | 1h 26min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
Apollo 18 (2011) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Apollo 18 (2011) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Andrew Airlie, Kurt Max Runte, Michael Kopsa, Ryan Robbins, Warren Christie
Directed by Gonzalo López-Gallego, Gonzalo López-Gallego
NASA’s canceled trip to the moon in the 1970s is the basis for this found-footage-style picture exploring the urban legend surrounding that mission—what if Apollo 18 actually did occur and the proof of extraterrestrial life exists on film? Wanted’s Timur Bekmambetov produces the film, with Spanish director Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego taking on helming duties.
Synopsis: In the early 70's, Commander Nathan Walker, Captain Ben Anderson and Lieutenant Colonel John Grey are assigned in a secret mission to the Moon to protect the USA from USSR using detectors. Nathan and Ben land on the Moon in the Liberty module while John stays in orbit in the module Freedom. They collect rock samples and bring them to the Liberty. They also find footprints and the body of a Soviet cosmonaut on the moon. Soon they hear weird noises and they find that they are not alone in the satellite.
Tagline: There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon.
Storyline: Decades-old found footage from NASA's abandoned Apollo 18 mission, where two American astronauts were sent on a secret expedition, reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon.
Apollo 18 (2011) Movie Details
- Directors: Gonzalo López-Gallego, Gonzalo López-Gallego
- Writers: Brian Miller, Cory Goodman
- Cast: Andrew Airlie, Kurt Max Runte, Michael Kopsa, Ryan Robbins, Warren Christie, Lloyd Owen, Jan Bos, Kim Wylie, Noah Wylie, Ali Liebert, Erica Carroll, Thomas Greenwood
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Timur Bekmambetov, Ron Schmidt, Jonathan Shore, Matthew Stein, Kathleen Switzer, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Shawn Williamson, Michele Wolkoff, Cody Zwieg
- Musicians: Harry Cohen
- Cinematographers: Jos? David Montero
- Editors: Patrick Lussier
- Our Score: 3/10 by Michael A.
- Average Rating: 3.22/10 of 50,482 Votes!
- Runtime: 86 min / 1h 26min
- Year: 2011
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.