PG-13 | 2h 31min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
Armageddon (1998) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Armageddon (1998) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Udo Kier, Peter Stormare, Bruce Willis, William Fichtner, Mark Boone Junior
Directed by Michael Bay
Synopsis: After discovering that an asteroid the size of Texas is going to impact Earth in less than a month, N.A.S.A. recruits a misfit team of deep core drillers to save the planet.
Tagline: It’s Closer Than You Think.
Synopsis: It is just another day at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a few astronauts were repairing a satellite until, out of nowhere, a series of asteroids came crashing into the shuttle, destroying it. These asteroids also decimated New York soon thereafter. Then, NASA discovered that there is an asteroid roughly the size of Texas heading towards the Earth, and when it does hit the Earth, the planet itself and all of its inhabitants will be obliterated, worse, the asteroid will hit the Earth in 18 days. Unfortunately, NASA's plans to destroy the asteroid are irrelevant. That is when the U.S. military decides to use a nuclear warhead to blow the asteroid to pieces. Then, scientists decide to blow the asteroid with the warhead inside the asteroid itself. The only man to do it, is an oil driller named Harry Stamper and his group of misfit drillers and geologists. As he and his drill team prepare for space excavation, the asteroid is still heading towards the Earth. When the crew are launched into outer space, they are determined to destroy this asteroid.
Tagline: It's Closer Than You Think.
Storyline: After discovering that an asteroid the size of Texas is going to impact Earth in less than a month, N.A.S.A. recruits a misfit team of deep core drillers to save the planet.
Armageddon (1998) Movie Details
- Directors: Michael Bay
- Writers: Jonathan Hensleigh, J.J. Abrams, Tony Gilroy
- Cast: Udo Kier, Peter Stormare, Bruce Willis, William Fichtner, Mark Boone Junior, Jason Isaacs, Liv Tyler, Steve Buscemi, Keith David, Judith Drake, Chris Ellis, Steven Ford, Shawnee Smith, Matt Malloy, Ben Affleck, Judith Hoag, Grace Zabriskie, Charlton Heston, John Mahon, Greg Collins, J. Patrick McCormack, Stanley Anderson, Michael Bay, Gedde Watanabe, Jim Ishida, Michael Clarke Duncan, Lawrence Tierney, Owen Wilson, Billy Bob Thornton, Will Patton
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
- Producers: Kenny Bates, Michael Bay, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Hensleigh, Gale Anne Hurd, Chad Oman, Pat Sandston, Jim Van Wyck, Barry H. Waldman
- Musicians: Trevor Rabin
- Cinematographers: John Schwartzman
- Editors: Mark Goldblatt, Chris Lebenzon, Glen Scantlebury
- Runtime: 151 min / 2h 31min
- Year: 1998
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 15
- Nominations: 35
Elapsed Time: 0.1091 seconds, Memory Usage: 1.03MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.