Code 46 (2003)
R | 1h 33min | Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance
Code 46 (2003) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Code 46 (2003) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Kerry Shale, Samantha Morton, Essie Davis, Om Puri, Tim Robbins
Directed by Michael Winterbottom
Synopsis: A futuristic Brief Encounter (1945), this is a love story in which the romance is doomed by genetic incompatibility.
Tagline: In the future…love is a dangerous game.
Synopsis: Code 46 is a love story set in a Brave New World-type near-future where cities are heavily controlled and only accessible through checkpoints. People cannot travel unless they have "papeles" (papers in Spanish; words and sentences in many languages, especially Spanish, French and Chinese are mixed with English in this new world), a special travel permit issued by the totalitarian government, the "Sphinx". Outside these cities, the desert has taken over and shanty towns are jammed with non-citizens - people without IDs forced to live primitive lives. William is a family man who works as a government investigator. When he is sent to Shanghai to solve a case of fake IDs, he meets a woman named Maria. Although he realizes she is behind the forgeries, he cannot help but fall completely in love with her. He hides her crime and they have a wild, passionate affair that can only last as long as his visa: 24 hours. Back home, William is obsessed with the memory of Maria. When the original investigation is inevitably re-opened a week later and William is sent back to finish the work he started, he tracks her down, only to discover she has been accused of a Code 46 violation and any further relationship is impossible.
Tagline: In the future...love is a dangerous game.
Storyline: A futuristic
Code 46 (2003) Movie Details
- Directors: Michael Winterbottom
- Cast: Kerry Shale, Samantha Morton, Essie Davis, Om Puri, Tim Robbins, Jennifer Lim, Natalie Mendoza, Benedict Wong, Tuyet Le, Nina Fog, Bruno Lastra, Lien Nguyin, David Fahm, Jeanne Balibar, Mick Jones, Taro Bahar, Nina Sosanya, Shelley King, Christopher Simpson, Nina Wadia, Teo-Wa Vuong, Togo Igawa, Archie Panjabi, Paul Barnes, Nabil Elouahabi, Louis Lin, Emil Marwa, Nabil Massad, Sarah Backhouse, Kristin Scott Thomas
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance
- Producers: Andrew Eaton, Arti Gupta, Robert Jones, Rosa Romero, David M. Thompson
- Musicians: Stephen Hilton, David Holmes
- Cinematographers: Alwin H. Küchler, Marcel Zyskind
- Editors: Peter Christelis
- Runtime: 93 min / 1h 33min
- Year: 2003
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 4
- Nominations: 10
Elapsed Time: 0.0032 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.