PG | 2h 30min | Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Mystery
Contact (1997) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Contact (1997) Plot & Synopsis
Starring John Hurt, William Fichtner, David Morse, Marc Macaulay, Jena Malone
Directed by Robert Zemeckis
Synopsis: Dr. Ellie Arroway, after years of searching, finds conclusive radio proof of intelligent aliens, who send plans for a mysterious machine.
Tagline: Get ready to take a chance on something that just might end up being the most profoundly impactful moment for humanity, for the history… of history.
Synopsis: Astronomer Dr. Ellie Arroway has long been interested in contact to faraway lands, a love fostered in her childhood by her father, Ted Arroway, who passed away when she was nine years old leaving her then orphaned. Her current work in monitoring for extraterrestrial life is based on that love and is in part an homage to her father. Ever since funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) was pulled on her work, which is referred to some, including her NSF superior David Drumlin, as more science fiction than science, Ellie, with a few of her rogue scientist colleagues, have looked for funding from where ever they could get it to continue their work. When Ellie and her colleagues hear chatter originating from the vicinity of the star Vega, Ellie feels vindicated. But that vindication is short lived when others, including politicians, the military, religious leaders and other scientists such as Drumlin, try to take over her work. When the messages received from space are decoded, the project takes on a whole new dimension, which strengthens for Ellie the quest for the truth. Thrown into the mix are the unknown person who has up until now funded most of Ellie's work and what his motivations are, and Palmer Joss, a renowned author and theologian, who despite their fundamental differences in outlook, is mutually attracted to Ellie, that attraction based in part on intellect and their common goal of wanting to know the truth.
Tagline: Get ready to take a chance on something that just might end up being the most profoundly impactful moment for humanity, for the history... of history.
Storyline: Dr. Ellie Arroway, after years of searching, finds conclusive radio proof of extraterrestrial intelligence, sending plans for a mysterious machine.
Contact (1997) Movie Details
- Directors: Robert Zemeckis
- Writers: James V. Hart, Michael Goldenberg, Carl Sagan
- Cast: John Hurt, William Fichtner, David Morse, Marc Macaulay, Jena Malone, Matthew McConaughey, Larry King, James Woods, Tom Skerritt, Richard Nixon, David St. James, Max Martini, Page Dreher, Angela Bassett, Leo Lee, Steven Ford, Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe, Jake Busey, Thomas Garner, Leo Rogstad, Ming Lo, Adolf Hitler, Saemi Nakamura, Carl Gilliard, Geoffrey Blake, Jeffery Thomas Johnson, Yuji Okumoto, Frank Principe, Holly Cross Vagley
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Steven J. Boyd, Joan Bradshaw, Ann Druyan, Lynda Obst, Rick Porras, Carl Sagan, Steve Starkey, Robert Zemeckis
- Musicians: Alan Silvestri
- Cinematographers: Don Burgess
- Editors: Arthur Schmidt
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.76/10 of 229,207 Votes!
- Runtime: 150 min / 2h 30min
- Year: 1997
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 14
- Nominations: 29
Elapsed Time: 0.0020 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.