R | 1h 38min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy
Daybreakers (2009) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Daybreakers (2009) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill, Willem Dafoe, Christopher Kirby, Alex Revan
Directed by Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
Fresh off the success of their inventive take on the zombie genre, Undead masterminds Michael and Peter Spierig direct Ethan Hawke in an ambitious tale of a futuristic Earth populated entirely by vampires, and the efforts made by the creatures to ensure that their food supply doesn’t run out as humankind is faced with extinction. The year is 2017, and a vampire plague has turned most of the planet’s human population into bloodsucking ghouls. As the population of mortals fast begins to dwindle, a resourceful team of vampires sets out to capture and farm every remaining human while simultaneously researching a consumable blood substitute. Just when all hope seems lost, a secret is discovered that may provide the key o saving the human race.
Synopsis: In a world 10 years into the future, vampires make up the vast majority of the population with only 5% of the human race remaining. This presents particular challenges as the vampires' food supply - human blood - is dwindling and rationing is now the norm. There is growing evidence that vampires deprived of an adequate blood supply are themselves evolving into wild, vile creatures that attack anyone and anything in order to survive. Dr. Edward Dalton, a vampire and hematologist who works for a pharmaceutical firm, has been working on finding an artificial blood supply that will meet the vampire society's needs. He is sympathetic to humans and sees his work as a way of alleviating their suffering but his views on finding a solution change considerably when he meets someone who found a way to transform himself from being a vampire to again take human form.
Tagline: In 2019, the most precious natural resource... is us.
Storyline: In the year 2019, a plague has transformed almost every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind.
Daybreakers (2009) Movie Details
- Directors: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
- Writers: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
- Cast: Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill, Willem Dafoe, Christopher Kirby, Alex Revan, Isabel Lucas, David Knijnenburg, Tiffany Lamb, Michelle Atkinson, Brooke Chamberlain, Matthew Wollaston, John Gibson, Jay Laga'aia, Claudia Karvan, Wayne Smith, Michael Dorman, Bryan Probets, Aolani Roy, David Vallon, Candice Storey, Renai Caruso, Simon Burvill-Holmes, Chris Brown, Anne Bennetts, Harriet Minto-Day, Kirsten Cameron, Kellie Vella, Carl Rush, Scot McQade, Damien Garvey
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy
- Producers: Peter Block, Chris Brown, Jason Constantine, Todd Fellman, Bryan Furst, Sean Furst, Stuart Wood
- Musicians: Christopher Gordon
- Cinematographers: Ben Nott
- Editors: Matt Villa
- Our Score: 6/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.2/10 of 114,599 Votes!
- Runtime: 98 min / 1h 38min
- Year: 2009
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 3
- Nominations: 6
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.