R | 1h 21min | Horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery
Evolution (2015) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Evolution (2015) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Ulrika Garcia, Aino Sirje, Nathalie Legosles, Magdalena Komárová, Marina Val
Directed by Lucile Hadzihalilovic
Lucile Hadzihalilovic‘s Evolution (2015) is a strange horror mystery where a young boy wonders why he and the rest of the boys must be hospitalized in their sea-side town. Max Brebant, Roxane Duran, and Julie-Marie Parmentier star in Evolution.
Synopsis: Nicolas is a boy living on a remote island set in the future, or another planet - or is it a dream? His village consists of white-painted houses located above the sea with a volcanic rock and black sand coastline, populated by young women and boys all of a similar age to Nicolas. Whilst swimming, Nicolas makes a discovery in the ocean, which is shrugged off by his mother, who, like all the women in the town has tied-back hair, is pale and wears a simple thin beige dress. Nicolas is curious, thinks that he is being lied to and starts to explore his environment, witnessing some unsettling scenes. He then finds himself taken to a hospital-like building where he, along with the others, undergoes a series of medical procedures by the women, dressed as nurses. He is befriended by one nurse, who becomes instrumental in the film's denouement. The film is not easy to categorise; it is not only enigmatic but beautifully filmed with deeply poetic imagery. It reflects the fear of the unknown, experienced by a boy on the cusp of adolescence.
Tagline: Grow to become something new.
Storyline: The only residents of young Nicholas' sea-side town are women and boys. When he sees a corpse in the ocean one day, he begins to question his existence and surroundings. Why must he, and all the other boys, be hospitalised?
Evolution (2015) Movie Details
- Directors: Lucile Hadzihalilovic
- Writers: Lucile Hadzihalilovic, Alante Kavaite, Geoff Cox
- Cast: Ulrika Garcia, Aino Sirje, Nathalie Legosles, Magdalena Komárová, Marina Val, Roxane Duran, Mireia Leon, Mathilde Wargnier, Max Brebant, Hugo Lopez, Munia Yasming, Julie-Marie Parmentier, Mateo Lopez, Marta Blanc, Mathieu Goldfeld, Carla Lozano, Pablo-Noé Etienne, Nissim Renard, Pablo-Noé Etienne, Olga Molina, Chantal Aimée, Chantal Aimée, Liza Moretti, Magdalena Komárová, Laura Ballesteros, Michela Murgo, Nuria Rodríguez, Eric Batlle, Julia Nichols, Mafer Blanco
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Alejandro Arenas, John Engel, Ángeles Hernández, Genevieve Lemal, David Matamoros, Julien Naveau, Sylvie Pialat, Benoît Quainon, Nicolas Villarejo Farkas, Sebastián Álvarez
- Musicians: Jesús Díaz, Zacarías M. de la Riva
- Cinematographers: Manuel Dacosse
- Editors: Nassim Gordji Tehrani
- Runtime: 81 min / 1h 21min
- Year: 2015
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 7
- Nominations: 16
Elapsed Time: 0.0018 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.