Ghost in the Shell (2017) (2017)
PG-13 | 1h 47min | Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Crime
Ghost in the Shell (2017) (2017) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Digital HD: May 01, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
- VOD: March 04, 2016
Ghost in the Shell (2017) (2017) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Scarlett Johansson, Peter Ferdinando, Andrew Stehlin, Kayla Bechor, Michael Wincott
Directed by Rupert Sanders
Director Rupert Sanders brings one of the first critically acclaimed animes to come over to the US in Ghost in the Shell (2017) which releases in movie theaters on March 31, 2017. From what I have seen so far, this film looks like it will push the boundaries of visual graphics but I do not want to get over hyped until I see this movie. I know that this movie will not be a direct port from the beloved anime movie and TV series, but at least it will shine in its own light and draw in additional fans to the Ghost in the Shell story while satisfying some of the hardcore fans too. As of this writing, the movie runtime is still to be released which worries me a bit. Scarlett Johansson, Michael Wincott, and Michael Pitt star in Ghost in the Shell.
Synopsis: In the near future, Major Mira Killian (Scarlett Johansson) is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible terrorist attack, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level that includes the ability to hack into people's minds and control them, Major Killian is uniquely qualified to stop it. As she prepares to face a new enemy, Major Killian discovers that she has been lied to: her life was not saved, it was stolen. She will stop at nothing to recover her past, find out who did this to her and stop them before they do it to others.
Tagline: They did not save your life. They stole it.
Storyline: In the near future, Major Mira Killian is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals.
Ghost in the Shell (2017) (2017) Movie Details
- Directors: Rupert Sanders
- Writers: Shirow Masamune, Jamie Moss, William Wheeler
- Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Peter Ferdinando, Andrew Stehlin, Kayla Bechor, Michael Wincott, Chin Han, Pilou Asbæk, Mana Hira Davis, Daniel Henshall, Pilou Asbæk, Alex Ishikawa, Kai Fung Rieck, Hong Chin, Shinji Ikefuji, Xavier Horan, Anamaria Marinca, Takeshi Kitano, Juliette Binoche, Tricky, Hannah Tasker-Poland, Chris Obi, Paul Allica, Tony Shaw, Rila Fukushima, Oliver Heinrich, Natarsha Orsman, Bowie Wing Wai Chan, Semiquaver Iafeta, Vinnie Bennett, Matthew Jeng
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Crime
- Producers: Ray Angelic, Ari Arad, Avi Arad, Holly Bario, Michael Costigan, Jane Nerlinger Evans, Tetsu Fujimura, Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, Yoshinobu Noma, Steven Paul, Jeffrey Silver, Maki Terashima-Furuta
- Musicians: Lorne Balfe, Clint Mansell
- Cinematographers: Jess Hall
- Editors: Billy Rich, Neil Smith
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 5.9/10 of 184,029 Votes!
- Runtime: 107 min / 1h 47min
- Year: 2017
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 2
- Nominations: 6
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.