R | 1h 36min | Horror, Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi
Gojira (1954) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Gojira (1954) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Kenji Sahara, Saburô Iketani, Hiroshi Hayashi
Directed by Ishirô Honda, Ishirô Honda
Synopsis: American nuclear weapons testing results in the creation of a seemingly unstoppable, dinosaur-like beast.
Tagline: The legend begins….
Synopsis: Japan is thrown into a panic after several ships explode and are sunk. At first, the authorities think its either underwater mines or underwater volcanic activity. The authorities soon head to Odo Island, close to where several of the ships were sunk. One night, something comes onshore and destroys several houses and kills several people. A later expedition to the island led by paleontologist Professor Kyôhei Yamane, his daughter Emiko, and young navy frogman Hideto Ogata (who also happens to be Emiko's lover, even though she is betrothed to Dr. Daisuke Serizawa) soon discover something more devastating than imagined in the form of a 164-foot-tall (50-meter-tall) monster whom the natives call Gojira. Now, the monster begins a rampage that threatens to destroy not only Japan but the rest of the world as well. Can the monster be destroyed before it is too late, and what role will the mysterious Serizawa play in the battle?
Tagline: The legend begins....
Storyline: American nuclear weapons testing results in the creation of a seemingly unstoppable, dinosaur-like beast.
Gojira (1954) Movie Details
- Directors: Ishirô Honda, Ishirô Honda
- Writers: Takeo Murata, Ishirô Honda, Shigeru Kayama
- Cast: Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Kenji Sahara, Saburô Iketani, Hiroshi Hayashi, Kokuten Kôdô, Momoko Kôchi, Kin Sugai, Kokuten Kôdô, Haruo Nakajima, Ren Imaizumi, Seijirô Onda, Sachio Sakai, Junpei Natsuki, Ishirô Honda, Yasuhisa Tsutsumi, Katsumi Tezuka, Jiro Suzuki, Tadashi Okabe, Saburô Iketani, Momoko Kôchi, Shizuko Azuma, Shizuko Higashi, Takashi Shimura, Kiyoshi Kamata, Fuyuki Murakami, Toranosuke Ogawa, Keiji Sakakida, Ren Yamamoto, Tamae Sengo
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Iwao Mori, Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Musicians: Akira Ifukube
- Cinematographers: Masao Tamai
- Editors: Kazuji Taira
- Runtime: 96 min / 1h 36min
- Year: 1954
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 2
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0018 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.