R | 1h 34min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Comedy
Grabbers (2012) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Grabbers (2012) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Lalor Roddy, Laurence Doherty, Ned Dennehy, Roz McCutcheon, Ruth Bradley
Directed by Jon Wright
Grabbers featured an odd couple detective team join up to protect a small Irish fishing town of Erin Island from tentacled alien invaders. The older hard drinking Ciaran O’Shea (Richard Coyle) is paired with younger Lisa Nolan (Ruth Bradley) in this horror comedy. The pairing alone seems to suggest that this team up if done right should be loads of laughs.
The extraterrestrial alien creatures have an aversion to alcohol so the towns folk must get insanely drunk in order to vanquish these monsters.
Grabbers seems like a new horror comedy that everyone has to see for themselves this upcoming July 19, 2013.
Synopsis: Police officer Lisa Nolan comes to Aran Island, Ireland, to take charge during a colleague's two-week holiday. Simultaneously, blood-thirsty, sea-dwelling aliens arrive at the quiet island to propagate. As dead whales wash up on shore and people start mysteriously disappearing, officers and a few locals slowly discover their peril along with one sure defense - high blood alcohol levels, which the aliens can't stomach. As a storm approaches, enabling hungry hatchlings access to the locals, an open bar kicks off a desperate bid for survival as inebriated police and friends stagger to remain cognizant long enough to thwart the alien invasion.
Tagline: Last call at the bar.
Storyline: When an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive.
Grabbers (2012) Movie Details
- Directors: Jon Wright
- Cast: Lalor Roddy, Laurence Doherty, Ned Dennehy, Roz McCutcheon, Ruth Bradley, Louis Dempsey, Stuart Graham, Richard Coyle, Nick Chopping, Daniel Konieczny, Russell Tovey, Kim Moylan, David Pearse, Darran Watt, Bronagh Gallagher, Pascal Scott, Billy Clarke, Clelia Murphy, Micheál Ó Gruagáin, Micheál Ó Gruagáin, Micheál O'Gruagain, Killian Coyle, Michael Hough, Jonathan Ryan, Barbara Adair
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Comedy
- Producers: Robert Bevan, Andrew Boswell, Tracy Brimm, David Collins, Mark Foligno, Nic Hatch, Michael Henry, Jo Homewood, Samantha Horley, Chris Hunt, Eduardo Levy, Joe MacCarthy, Alan Maher, James Martin, Cyril Megret, Kate Myers, Martina Niland, Piers Tempest
- Musicians: Christian Henson
- Cinematographers: Trevor Forrest
- Editors: Matt Platts-Mills
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.74/10 of 15,295 Votes!
- Runtime: 94 min / 1h 34min
- Year: 2012
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 4
- Nominations: 10
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.