Heavy Metal (1981)
R | 1h 26min | Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure, Animation, Music
Heavy Metal (1981) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Heavy Metal (1981) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Vlasta Vrana, Rodger Bumpass, Harold Ramis, Jackie Burroughs, Don Francks
Directed by Gerald Potterton, John Bruno, John Halas, Julian Harris, Jimmy T. Murakami, Barrie Nelson, Paul Sabella, Jack Stokes, Pino Van Lamsweerde, Harold Whitaker
Synopsis: A glowing orb terrorizes a young girl with a collection of stories of dark fantasy, eroticism and horror.
Tagline: A Step Beyond Science Fiction
Synopsis: An astronaut brings home a glowing green orb for his daughter. However, the green orb wipes him out and corners the girl for its purposes. Claiming to embody ultimate evil, the malevolent sphere, known as the Loc-Nar, terrorizes the little girl by showing a series of bizarre and fantastic stories it has influenced. The first is "Harry Canyon", a cynical taxi driver in a squalid futuristic New York who finds himself involved with a damsel in distress who is relentlessly pursued by murderous thugs who desire the Loc-Nar her archaeologist father found. The second is "Den", which chronicles the adventures of a nerdish teenager who is thrown into the fantasy world of Neverwhere, where he is transformed into a handsome muscleman, desired by beautiful women, who must get involved in a conflict revolving around possession of the Loc-Nar. The third is "Captain Sternn", where the title character is a handsome but irredeemable scoundrel who stands accused in a trial that the Loc-Nar throws into chaos. The fourth is "B-17", where a World War II bomber plane limps home after a bombing run, only to have the Loc-Nar ram into it and revive the dead crew members as murderous zombies. The next is "So Beautiful, So Dangerous", where a voluptuous secretary at the Pentagon is abducted by stoned alien wastrels and an oversexed robot. The final story is "Taarna", where the Loc-Nar has to come to a future Earth and changes a peaceful people into a horde of murderous barbarians who rampage with genocidal zeal. Only the last Tarrakian, a silent warrior woman known as Taarna, can avenge the victims and stop the Loc-Nar.
Tagline: Sex and crime and rock 'n' roll!
Storyline: A glowing green orb - which embodies ultimate evil - terrorizes a young girl with an anthology of bizarre and fantastic stories of dark fantasy, eroticism and horror.
Heavy Metal (1981) Movie Details
- Directors: Gerald Potterton, John Bruno, John Halas, Julian Harris, Jimmy T. Murakami, Barrie Nelson, Paul Sabella, Jack Stokes, Pino Van Lamsweerde, Harold Whitaker
- Writers: Daniel Goldberg, Len Blum, Dan O'Bannon
- Cast: Vlasta Vrana, Rodger Bumpass, Harold Ramis, Jackie Burroughs, Don Francks, Alice Playten, Mavor Moore, John Vernon, Patty Freedman, George Touliatos, Patty Dworkin, Warren Munson, Al Waxman, John Candy, Cedric Smith, August Schellenberg, Robby the Robot, Ned Conlon, Eugene Levy, Percy Rodrigues, Joe Flaherty, Douglas Kenney, Zal Yanovsky, Caroline Semple, Richard Romanus, Susan Roman, Harvey Atkin, Thor Bishopric, Len Doncheff, Glenis Wootton Gross
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure, Animation, Music
- Producers: Vic Atkinson, John Coates, Michael C. Gross, John Halas, Richard Hawley, Jerry Hibbert, Peter Lebensold, Leonard Mogel, Larry Nesis, Ivan Reitman, W.H. Stevens Jr.
- Musicians: Elmer Bernstein
- Editors: Ian Llande, Mick Manning, Gerald Tripp
- Our Score: 5/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 5.63/10 of 27,384 Votes!
- Runtime: 86 min / 1h 26min
- Year: 1981
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 4
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.