R | 2h 28min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Adventure
Inception (2010) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Inception (2010) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Hélène Cardona, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe, Andrew Pleavin
Directed by Christopher Nolan
Visionary filmmaker Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Dark Knight) writes and directs this psychological sci-fi action film about a thief who possesses the power to enter into the dreams of others. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) doesn’t steal things, he steals ideas. By projecting himself deep into the subconscious of his targets, he can glean information that even the best computer hackers can’t get to. In the world of corporate espionage, Cobb is the ultimate weapon. But even weapons have their weakness, and when Cobb loses everything he’s forced to embark on one final mission in a desperate quest for redemption. This time Cobb won’t be harvesting an idea, but sowing one. Should he and his team of specialists succeed, they will have discovered a new frontier in the art of psychic espionage. They’ve planned everything to perfection, and they have all the tools to get the job done. Their mission is complicated, however, by the sudden appearance of a malevolent foe that seems to know exactly what they’re up to, and precisely how to stop them.
Synopsis: Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is at its most vulnerable. Cobb's rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved. Now Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption. One last job could give him his life back but only if he can accomplish the impossible, inception. Instead of the perfect heist, Cobb and his team of specialists have to pull off the reverse: their task is not to steal an idea, but to plant one. If they succeed, it could be the perfect crime. But no amount of careful planning or expertise can prepare the team for the dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy that only Cobb could have seen coming.
Tagline: Your mind is the scene of the crime
Storyline: A thief who steals corporate secrets through the use of dream-sharing technology is given the inverse task of planting an idea into the mind of a C.E.O.
Inception (2010) Movie Details
- Directors: Christopher Nolan
- Cast: Hélène Cardona, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe, Andrew Pleavin, Lukas Haas, Pete Postlethwaite, Arnold Montey, Julie Eagleton, Michael Gaston, Shannon Welles, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Talulah Riley, Nicole Pulliam, Michael August, Peter Basham, François-Marie Nivon, Adam Cole, Garvin Cross, Ben Key, Norman Saleet, Yuji Okumoto, Carl Gilliard, François-Marie Nivon, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Natalie Goldwin, James Currie, Russ Fega
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, Adventure
- Producers: Zakaria Alaoui, John Bernard, Chris Brigham, Jordan Goldberg, Thomas Hayslip, Christopher Nolan, Kanjirô Sakura, Yoshikuni Taki, Emma Thomas, Thomas Tull
- Musicians: Hans Zimmer
- Cinematographers: Wally Pfister
- Editors: Lee Smith
- Our Score: 8/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 8.17/10 of 1,907,312 Votes!
- Runtime: 148 min / 2h 28min
- Year: 2010
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 4
- Awards: 152
- Nominations: 210
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.