It Came from Outer Space (1953)
G | 1h 21min | Horror, Sci-Fi
It Came from Outer Space (1953) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
It Came from Outer Space (1953) Plot & Synopsis
Starring George Eldredge, Russell Johnson, Richard Carlson, Barbara Rush, Warren MacGregor
Directed by Jack Arnold
Synopsis: A spaceship from another world crashes in the Arizona desert, and only an amateur stargazer and a schoolteacher suspect alien influence when the local townsfolk begin to act strange.
Tagline: Terror In 3-D… Reaching From The Screen To Seize You In Its Grasp!...
Synopsis: John Putnam is a writer and an amateur stargazer with a new home out in the beautiful Arizona desert, which he enjoys with Ellen Fields, his girlfriend and a local schoolteacher. John is not trusted by the people of the small town near where he lives, certainly not by Sheriff Matt Warren, who feels protective of Ellen, and perhaps something more. One night, John and Ellen see a meteorite crash in the desert. John drags his friend, Pete, out of bed to take him over to the crash site in his helicopter. Once there, John climbs down into the crater. Unfortunately, he does so alone, as Pete and Ellen wait for him. John is the only one who sees the spaceship before a landslide covers it. And John is the only one who catches a glimpse of the hideous thing inside. At first John's story seems mad, until some of the townsfolk begin acting strange - as if they aren't really who they seem to be.
Tagline: Terror In 3-D... Reaching From The Screen To Seize You In Its Grasp!...
Storyline: A spaceship from another world crashes in the Arizona desert and only an amateur stargazer and a schoolteacher suspect alien influence when the local townsfolk begin to act strangely.
It Came from Outer Space (1953) Movie Details
- Directors: Jack Arnold
- Writers: Harry Essex, Ray Bradbury
- Cast: George Eldredge, Russell Johnson, Richard Carlson, Barbara Rush, Warren MacGregor, Dave Willock, Kermit Maynard, Virginia Mullen, Alan Dexter, Dick Pinner, Robert Carson, William Pullen, George Selk, Bradford Jackson, Charles Drake, Joe Sawyer, Kathleen Hughes, Ralph Brooks, Ned Davenport, Edgar Dearing, Whitey Haupt, Robert 'Buzz' Henry
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi
- Producers: William Alland
- Musicians: Irving Gertz, Henry Mancini, Herman Stein
- Cinematographers: Clifford Stine
- Editors: Paul Weatherwax
- Runtime: 81 min / 1h 21min
- Year: 1953
- MPAA Rating: G
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 3
Elapsed Time: 0.0021 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.