Kong: Skull Island (2017)
PG-13 | 1h 58min | Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
Kong: Skull Island (2017) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Digital HD: May 01, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
- VOD: March 04, 2016
Kong: Skull Island (2017) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony J Sacco, Terry Notary, John Goodman, Tom Hiddleston
Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts
Jordan Vogt-Roberts’ Kong: Skull Island (2017) has a new release date thanks to Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures. The recently titled “Skull Island” is now “Kong: Skull Island” with the release date also changed from November 4, 2016 to Friday March 10, 2017. Legendary Pictures recently announced the new King King movie at the San Diego Comic-Con. We will keep you posted as additional news is announced. Confirmed to be starring in Kong: Skull Island are Tom Hiddleston and J.K. Simmons.
Press Release - “Legendary’s SKULL ISLAND has been retitled KONG: SKULL ISLAND and will move from November 4, 2016 to Friday, March 10, 2017. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.
Legendary’s UNTITLED GREAT WALL PROJECT will be released in 3D by Universal Pictures on Wednesday, November 23, 2016, with the Chinese market opening in early December 2016.
About KONG: SKULL ISLAND
In the spirit of its worldwide blockbuster Godzilla, Legendary Pictures presents a bold new take on the mythos of another iconic beast with KONG: SKULL ISLAND, which stars Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers and Thor series). Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (The Kings of Summer) and written by John Gatins (Flight) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla), KONG: SKULL ISLAND will fully immerse audiences in the mysterious and dangerous home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Legendary’s story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore, but places it in an entirely new, distinct timeline. Thomas Tull (Godzilla, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, upcoming Warcraft) will produce and Alex Garcia (Godzilla) will executive produce. The film will be released in 3D and IMAX 3D by Universal Pictures.
Synopsis: A washed up monster chaser convinces the U.S. Government to fund a trip to an unexplored island in the South Pacific. Under the guise of geological research, the team travels to "Skull Island". Upon arrival, the group discover that their mission may be complicated by the wildlife which inhabits the island. The beautiful vistas and deadly creatures create a visually stunning experience that is sure to keep your attention.
Tagline: Awaken the King
Storyline: After the Vietnam war, a team of scientists explores an uncharted island in the Pacific, venturing into the domain of the mighty Kong, and must fight to escape a primal Eden.
Kong: Skull Island (2017) Movie Details
- Directors: Jordan Vogt-Roberts
- Writers: Dan Gilroy, Max Borenstein, Derek Connolly
- Cast: Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony J Sacco, Terry Notary, John Goodman, Tom Hiddleston, Jason Speer, Richard Jenkins, Toby Kebbell, J.K. Simmons, Michael Keaton, Tom Wilkinson, John C. Reilly, Kevin Kent, Russell Crowe, Paul Riley Fox, Paul S.W. Lee, Raj K. Bose, John Huser, Jerald M.S. Pang, David James Sikkink, Thomas Mann, Ed Moy, Leighton Hara, Shea Whigham, Richard Allan Jones, Toshiko Onizawa, James M. Connor, Brenton Ashe, Javier Diaz, Rafael Torrijos
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
- Producers: Debbi Bossi, Edward Cheng, Jennifer Conroy, Alex Garcia, Jon Jashni, Eric McLeod, Mary Parent, Tom C. Peitzman, Nicholas Simon, Thomas Tull
- Musicians: Henry Jackman
- Cinematographers: Larry Fong
- Editors: Richard Pearson
- Our Score: 9/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 7.55/10 of 244,241 Votes!
- Runtime: 118 min / 1h 58min
- Year: 2017
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 18
Elapsed Time: 0.0028 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.