Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)
R | 2h 03min | Horror, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Ian Holm, Helena Bonham Carter, Kevin Hudson, Robert De Niro, Jim Carter
Directed by Kenneth Branagh
Synopsis: When the brilliant but unorthodox scientist Victor Frankenstein rejects the artificial man that he has created, the Creature escapes and later swears revenge.
Tagline: Be warned. It's alive.
Synopsis: In 1794, in the Arctic Sea, Captain Robert Walton is a man obsessed to reach the North Pole, pushing his crew to exhaustion. When his ship hits an iceberg, it is stranded in the ice. Out of the blue, Captain Walton and his men overhear a dreadful cry and they see a stranger coming to the ship. He introduces himself and Victor Frankenstein and he tells to the captain the story of his life since he was a little boy in Geneva. Victor is a brilliant student and in love with his stepsister Elizabeth, an orphan that was raised by his father Baron Frankenstein. In 1793, Victor moves to Ingolstadt to study at the university and he promises to get married to Elizabeth. At the university, Victor befriends Henry Clerval who becomes his best friend. Victor gets close to Professor Waldman and decides to create life to cheat death, but Waldman advises him that he should not try this experiment since the result would be an abomination. When Waldman dies, Victor steals his notes and tries to create life. He succeeds and gives life to a strong Creature, composed of parts of deceased persons. However he realizes that his experiment is a mistake and he abandons the Creature expecting that it will die alone. However the Creature survives and learns how to read and write, but he is a monster rejected by society and his own creator. The Creature decides to seek revenge from Victor by killing everyone he loves.
Tagline: Be warned. It's alive.
Storyline: When the brilliant but unorthodox scientist Dr. Victor Frankenstein rejects the artificial man that he has created, the Creature escapes and later swears revenge.
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) Movie Details
- Directors: Kenneth Branagh
- Writers: Mary Shelley, Steph Lady, Frank Darabont
- Cast: Ian Holm, Helena Bonham Carter, Kevin Hudson, Robert De Niro, Jim Carter, Robert Hines, Joanna Roth, Angus Wright, David Kennedy, Celia Imrie, Tom Hulce, Siobhan Redmond, Alex Lowe, Sue Long, Michael Gould, Sasha Hanau, Max Gold, Joseph England, Abigail Reynolds, Alfred Bell, Tommy Wright, Theresa Fresson, Richard Clifford, Paul Gregory, Mark Inman, George Asprey, Chris Hollis, Dudi Appleton, Hugh Bonneville, Robin Lloyd
- Genres: Horror, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance
- Producers: David Barron, Kenneth Branagh, Francis Ford Coppola, Robert De Niro, Fred Fuchs, James V. Hart, Jeff Kleeman, David Parfitt, John Veitch
- Musicians: Patrick Doyle
- Cinematographers: Roger Pratt
- Editors: Andrew Marcus
- Our Score: 6/10 by Wyatt Otero
- Average Rating: 5.45/10 of 46,893 Votes!
- Runtime: 123 min / 2h 03min
- Year: 1994
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 13
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.