Mortal Engines (2018)
PG-13 | 2h 08min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
Mortal Engines (2018) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Mortal Engines (2018) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Hugo Weaving, Katie Jackson, Billy Jackson, Stephen Ure, Joseph Mika-Hunt
Directed by Christian Rivers
Synopsis: Many years after the “Sixty Minute War,” cities survive a now desolate Earth by moving around on giant wheels attacking and devouring smaller towns to replenish their resources.
From the Press Release:
Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.
Mortal Engines is the startling, new epic adventure directed by Oscar(R)-winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong). Joining Rivers are The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies three-time Academy Award(R)-winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who have penned the screenplay. The Universal and MRC adaptation is from the award-winning book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001 by Scholastic.
On board as producers are Zane Weiner (The Hobbit trilogy), Amanda Walker (The Hobbit trilogy) and Deborah Forte (Goosebumps), as well as Walsh and Jackson. Ken Kamins (The Hobbit trilogy) joins Boyens as executive producer. Universal will distribute the film worldwide. www.mortalengines.com
Synopsis: A mysterious young woman, Hester Shaw, emerges as the only one who can stop a giant, predator city on wheels devouring everything in its path. Feral, and fiercely driven by the memory of her mother, Hester joins forces with Tom Natsworthy, an outcast from London, along with Anna Fang, a dangerous outlaw with a bounty on her head.
Tagline: Some scars never heal.
Storyline: In a post-apocalyptic world where cities ride on wheels and consume each other to survive, two people meet in London and try to stop a conspiracy.
Mortal Engines (2018) Movie Details
- Directors: Christian Rivers
- Writers: Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Peter Jackson
- Cast: Hugo Weaving, Katie Jackson, Billy Jackson, Stephen Ure, Joseph Mika-Hunt, Elizabeth Hawthorne, Nathaniel Lees, Colin Salmon, Joel Tobeck, Dorothy Anne Bonner, Shane Rangi, Stephen Lang, Rick Baker, Christopher Winchester, Mark Hadlow, Liz Merton, Stephen Grey, Dianne Smith, Mark Mitchinson, Aaron Jackson, Paul Gaudin, Shirley McGregor, Calum Gittins, Keith Mole, Robert Sheehan, April Phillips, Rodney Cook, Winham Hammond, Nick Blake, Sarah Peirse
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
- Producers: Philippa Boyens, David Conley, Deborah Forte, Peter Jackson, Ken Kamins, Carlos Ramírez Laloli, Pamela Silverstein, Amanda Walker, Fran Walsh, Zane Weiner
- Musicians: Junkie XL
- Cinematographers: Simon Raby
- Editors: Jonathan Woodford-Robinson
- Runtime: 128 min / 2h 08min
- Year: 2018
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.