R | 1h 36min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi
Phantoms (1998) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Phantoms (1998) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Liev Schreiber, Linnea Quigley, Nicky Katt, Judith Drake, Rose McGowan
Directed by Joe Chappelle
Synopsis: 150 dead and 350 missing in the tiny mountain town of Snowfield, Colorado. And that's only the beginning…
Tagline: Fear Underground
Synopsis: Dr. Jennifer Pailey and her sister Lisa visit the a small town in the Rocky Mountains. The sisters find no one but a few corpses, then join Sheriff Bryce Hammond and his deputies, Flyte, a British academic, and the remains of an Army commando unit. Together they uncover a sub-terrainain life-form that absorbs its victims while gaining their knowledge. Making it extremely intelligent, and because of the victims perception of it, it believes itself to be the devil. Flyte suggests that the creature's body is almost identical chemically to crude oil, and could be killed by bacteria used to break down fossil fuels. Together they plan to use the Enemy's extreme arrogance and god complex against itself. Hammond finds it has assumed the form of the boy he accidentally killed during an drug raid. When the boy grabs the glass vial from him, he shoots it and exposes the creature to the oil eating bacteria.
Tagline: Fear Underground
Storyline: One hundred fifty dead, and three hundred fifty missing in the tiny mountain town of Snowfield, Colorado, and that's only the beginning.
Phantoms (1998) Movie Details
- Directors: Joe Chappelle
- Writers: Dean R. Koontz
- Cast: Liev Schreiber, Linnea Quigley, Nicky Katt, Judith Drake, Rose McGowan, Clifton Powell, Bo Hopkins, Adam Nelson, Ben Affleck, Peter O'Toole, Larry Odien, John Hammil, Paul Schmidt, Lucas Elliot Eberl, Paul Graham, Robert Knepper, John Scott Clough, Michael DeLorenzo, William Hahn, Robert Himber, Dean Hallo, Clive Rosengren, Valerie Chow, Edmund Wyson, Rich Beall, Lonny Chapman, Yvette Nipar, Rick Otto, Ruger, Joanna Going
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Laurie Borg, Enrique Cerezo, Dean R. Koontz, Yoji Kurokami, Steven A. Lane, Michael Leahy, Richard Potter, Robert Pringle, Andrew Rona, Joel Soisson, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein
- Musicians: David Williams
- Cinematographers: Richard Clabaugh
- Editors: Randy Bricker
- Our Score: 5/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 3.77/10 of 17,932 Votes!
- Runtime: 96 min / 1h 36min
- Year: 1998
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0018 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.