PG | 2h 03min | Drama, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Romance
Phenomenon (1996) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Phenomenon (1996) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Troy Evans, Jeffrey DeMunn, Forest Whitaker, Tony Genaro, Brent Spiner
Directed by Jon Turteltaub
Synopsis: An ordinary man sees a bright light descend from the sky, and discovers he now has super-intelligence and telekinesis.
Tagline: Some things in life just can’t be explained.
Synopsis: John Travolta plays George Malley, who owns the local auto repair shop in a small California town. After celebrating his birthday with friends at the local bar/hang-out, George heads for home. He pauses to watch a strange light in the sky, then collapses for a few seconds in the middle of the deserted street. In the days and weeks that follow, George finds his IQ and consciousness expanding dramatically, and develops telekinetic abilities. Despite his attempts to explain what has happened to him, with just a very few exceptions, most of the local townspeople treat the "new" George as a freak. His state of isolation becomes even more pronounced when his new-found abilities allow him to correctly predict an earthquake, and outside authorities become interested in what's happened to him.
Tagline: Some things in life just can't be explained.
Storyline: An ordinary man sees a bright light descend from the sky, and discovers he now has super-intelligence and telekinesis.
Phenomenon (1996) Movie Details
- Directors: Jon Turteltaub
- Cast: Troy Evans, Jeffrey DeMunn, Forest Whitaker, Tony Genaro, Brent Spiner, Vyto Ruginis, Bruce A. Young, Kyra Sedgwick, David Gallagher, Ellen Geer, Erick Vinther, Richard Kiley, Tom Fridley, Daniel Zacapa, John Travolta, James Keane, Beth Kennedy, Theodore Carl Soderberg, Jack Chouchanian, Anthony Snow, Michael Forner, Sandy Stoltz, Sage Callaway, Eric Tignini, James Anthony Cotton, Jewel Benedict, Derek Zemrak, Betsy Berryhill, Michael Milhoan, Mariann V. Carothers
- Genres: Drama, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Romance
- Producers: Barbara Boyle, Jonathan D. Krane, Charles Newirth, Michael Taylor
- Musicians: Thomas Newman
- Cinematographers: Phedon Papamichael
- Editors: Bruce Green
- Runtime: 123 min / 2h 03min
- Year: 1996
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 7
- Nominations: 8
Elapsed Time: 0.0089 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.