R | 1h 31min | Horror, Sci-Fi
Rabid (1977) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Rabid (1977) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Vlasta Vrana, Robert A. Silverman, Peter MacNeill, Jack Messinger, Richard W. Farrell
Directed by David Cronenberg
Synopsis: A young woman develops a taste for human blood after undergoing experimental plastic surgery, and her victims turn into rabid, blood-thirsty zombies who proceed to infect others, which turns into a city-wide epidemic.
Tagline: Pray it doesn’t happen to you.
Synopsis: In Camelford, while swinging his van across a narrow road to make a u-turn, a driver stalls the vehicle that does not restart. Hart Read is driving his motorcycle with his girlfriend Rose and he drives off the road to avoid the collision. Hart suffers minor injuries while Rosie is injured and burned by the flames when the motorcycle explodes. The ambulance from the nearby Keloid Clinic for Plastic Surgery brings the couple and Rose, who is in coma, is submitted to an emergency surgery and to an experimental plastic-surgery technique by Dr. Dan Keloid to retrieve her skin in the chest and abdomen. Hart is discharged but Rose stays in coma in the intensive care unit (ICU) to recover. Out of the blue, Rose awakens from her coma one month later and screams. A nurse helps her but is wounded by her and then he cannot remember what has happened. He is sent to a hospital in Montreal while Rose realizes that she needs to feed with blood. However her victims become zombie-like creatures. Rose flees from the clinic to Montreal to meet her friend Mindy Kent spreading her infection in the big city. Meanwhile Hart is seeking for her.
Tagline: Pray it doesn't happen to you.
Storyline: A young woman develops a taste for human blood after undergoing experimental plastic surgery, and her victims turn into rabid, blood-thirsty zombies who proceed to infect others, which turns into a city-wide epidemic.
Rabid (1977) Movie Details
- Directors: David Cronenberg
- Cast: Vlasta Vrana, Robert A. Silverman, Peter MacNeill, Jack Messinger, Richard W. Farrell, Sonny Forbes, Jérôme Tiberghien, Greg Van Riel, Jérôme Tiberghien, Denis Lacroix, Victor Désy, Victor Désy, Malcolm Nelthorpe, Patricia Gage, Susan Roman, Murray Smith, Joe Silver, Lynne Deragon, Frank Moore, Karl Wasserman, Valda Dalton, Kirk McColl, Sherman Maness, Grant Lowe, Yvon Lecompte, Basil Fitzgibbon, Tony Angelo, Riva Spier, Una Kay, Marilyn Chambers
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Don Carmody, John Dunning, Danny Goldberg, André Link, Ivan Reitman
- Cinematographers: René Verzier
- Editors: Jean LaFleur
- Runtime: 91 min / 1h 31min
- Year: 1977
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 2
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0018 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.