PG-13 | 1h 47min | Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
Rampage (2018) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Digital HD: May 01, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Rampage (2018) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Diezel Ramos, Tahseen Ghauri, Marley Shelton, Gary Weeks, Walt Addison Linscott
Directed by Brad Peyton
Update: Dwayne Johnson‘s Rampage (2018) video game adaptation is now releasing in movie theaters on April 13, 2018, from the previous April 20, 2018, release date. Too early to judge, but I cannot wait to see how this film about mutant creatures fighting in a city plays out on screen.
Synopsis: Based on the classic 1980s video game featuring apes and monsters destroying cities.
Tagline: Big Meets Bigger
From the Press Release:
Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry mutates this gentle ape into a raging creature of enormous size. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered animals. As these newly created alpha predators tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.
“Rampage” also stars Oscar nominee Naomie Harris (“Moonlight”), Malin Akerman (TV’s “Billions”), Jake Lacy (TV’s “Girls”), Joe Manganiello (TV’s “True Blood”) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (TV’s “The Walking Dead”); as well as P.J. Byrne (“The Wolf of Wall Street”), Marley Shelton (“Solace”), Breanne Hill (“San Andreas”), Jack Quaid (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), and Matt Gerald (TV’s “Daredevil”).
Serving as executive producers are Marcus Viscidi, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, and Jeff Fierson, with Wendy Jacobson co-producing. The screenplay is by Ryan Engle and Adam Sztykiel, story by Ryan Engle, based on the video game Rampage.
Synopsis: Athena-1, a space station owned by gene manipulation company Energyne, is destroyed after a laboratory rat mutates and wreaks havoc. Dr. Kerry Atkins, the lone surviving crew member, is ordered by CEO Claire Wyden to retrieve research canisters containing a pathogen. Atkins is able to flee in the escape pod when the station implodes, but due to damage from the rat it disintegrates upon re-entry, killing her. The falling pieces leave a trail of debris across the United States, including the Everglades in Florida, where a canister is consumed by an American crocodile, and a forest in Wyoming, where a gray wolf is exposed to the pathogen. Primatologist Davis Okoye, a former US Army Special Forces soldier and member of an anti-poaching unit, works at the San Diego Wildlife Sanctuary. He has befriended a rare albino western lowland gorilla named George, having saved him from poachers, and communicates with George using sign language and hand gestures. At night, one of the canisters crash-lands in George's habitat, and George is exposed to the pathogen..
Tagline: Big Meets Bigger
Storyline: When three different animals become infected with a dangerous pathogen, a primatologist and a geneticist team up to stop them from destroying Chicago.
Rampage (2018) Movie Details
- Directors: Brad Peyton
- Writers: Ryan Engle, Carlton Cuse, Ryan J. Condal
- Cast: Diezel Ramos, Tahseen Ghauri, Marley Shelton, Gary Weeks, Walt Addison Linscott, Malin Akerman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Stephen Dunlevy, Anthony B. Harris, P.J. Byrne, Dwayne Johnson, Will Yun Lee, Kimber Closson, Travis Thompson, Arnold Chun, Giota Trakas, Eric Ian, Lane Carlock, Anthony Collins, Brandon Bowens, Matt Gerald, Steven Dutton, Brad Spiers, Skye Notary, Willow Notary, Allyssa Brooke, Danny Le Boyer, Naomie Harris, Jack Quaid, Pete Burris
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
- Producers: Richard Brener, Michael Disco, Toby Emmerich, Jeffrey Fierson, Beau Flynn, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Wendy Jacobson, Dwayne Johnson, Josh Mack, Brad Peyton, Darin Read, John Rickard, Dana Robin, Ozzie Scott, Marcus Viscidi
- Musicians: Andrew Lockington
- Cinematographers: Jaron Presant
- Editors: Bob Ducsay, Jim May
- Runtime: 107 min / 1h 47min
- Year: 2018
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 7
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.