Robot Overlords (2014)
PG-13 | 1h 30min | Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
Robot Overlords (2014) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Robot Overlords (2014) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Ben Kingsley, Lalor Roddy, Steven Mackintosh, Geraldine James, Laurence Doherty
Directed by Jon Wright
Jon Wright released a sci-fi movie titled Robot Overlords (2014) that had an estimated movie budget of $21 million. With that huge of a movie budget, he was able to garner an impressive movie cast including Ben Kingsley, Gillian Anderson, and Callan McAuliffe. However, the movie seemed to bomb at the UK box office grossing reportedly about ?10 thousand, ouch. The film promised scale and great visuals from the looks of the movie poster.
Synopsis: Alien robots come to Earth and assert their control over humanity. They claim that they only want to observe humanity. They enforce a strict no one allowed outside rule. They implant humans with a device that alerts sentries to anyone who goes outside and if they refuse to comply they are destroyed. They also employ humans to be their proctors. One of these men is Robin Smythe. He tries to get Kate Flynn to be his wife but she still mourns her husband whom Smythe says died. But her son Sean, doesn't believe it. He sends messages out asking anyone who knows anything about his father to tell him. One day he and three young people are fooling around when they discover that they turned off their implant. That's when they go outside and someone answers Sean's message and tells him where his father is. So he goes out to find him But Smythe pursues him and brings his mother as leverage. And when the robots corner Sean he somehow manages to control them. So the Robots are curious why he can do that. So they tell Smythe to capture him.
Tagline: Robots never lie.......
Storyline: Earth has been conquered by robots from a distant galaxy. Survivors are confined to their houses and must wear electronic implants, risking incineration by robot sentries if they venture outside.
Robot Overlords (2014) Movie Details
- Directors: Jon Wright
- Writers: Mark Stay, Jon Wright
- Cast: Ben Kingsley, Lalor Roddy, Steven Mackintosh, Geraldine James, Laurence Doherty, Tamer Hassan, Gillian Anderson, David McSavage, James Tolcher, James Tarpey, Jude Wright, Andy Linden, Craig Garner, Norman Coates, Milo Parker, Ella Hunt, Andy Mckeown, Roy Hudd, Abigail Castleton, Stuart J. Prowse, Michael Stuart, Jonathan McAndrew, Mark Asante, Justin Salinger, Ciaran Flynn, James Swain, Sonny Green, Maria Connolly, Edna Caskey, Tom Brumpton
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
- Producers: Guy Allon, Steve Christian, Chris Clark, Ivan Dunleavy, Christian Eisenbeiss, Aidan Elliott, Ian Flooks, Justin Garak, Hugo Grumbar, Tim Haslam, Nic Hatch, Mark Huffam, Cyril Megret, Steve Milne, Robert Norris, Steve Norris, Piers Tempest, Aqeel Zaman
- Musicians: Christian Henson
- Cinematographers: Fraser Taggart
- Editors: Matt Platts-Mills
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 5.79/10 of 5,981 Votes!
- Runtime: 90 min / 1h 30min
- Year: 2014
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.