The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
PG-13 | 1h 46min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Romance
The Adjustment Bureau (2011) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Adjustment Bureau (2011) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Emily Blunt, Terence Stamp, Matt Damon, Anthony Mackie, Michael Kelly
Directed by George Nolfi
Matt Damon and Emily Blunt headline this romantic sci-fi drama based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, detailing the troubled love affair between a rising congressman and a gorgeous ballerina. The closer these two lovers get, the harder shadowy forces work to drive them apart by altering the very fabric of time and space.
Synopsis: Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? A man glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York the only woman he's ever loved. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Matt Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt), a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself, the men of The Adjustment Bureau, who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path... or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her.
Tagline: Fight for your fate.
Storyline: The affair between a politician and a contemporary dancer is affected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart.
The Adjustment Bureau (2011) Movie Details
- Directors: George Nolfi
- Writers: George Nolfi, Philip K. Dick
- Cast: Emily Blunt, Terence Stamp, Matt Damon, Anthony Mackie, Michael Kelly, Rosemary Howard, Peter Benson, Joel de la Fuente, Jeffrey Mowery, Johnathan Hallgrey, Don Hewitt, Marmee Regine Cosico, Jon Stewart, Aspen Steib, John Slattery, Kirk LaSalle, Johnny Cicco, Pedro Pascal, Marmee Cosico, Philip Greene, Jian Leonardo, John Mitchell, Brian Schreier, Kirsty Meares, Mike DiGiacinto, Brian James Pepe, David Bishins, Jason Kravits, Dan Marshall, Jennifer Ehle
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Romance
- Producers: Michael Bederman, Bill Carraro, Isa Dick Hackett, Jonathan Gordon, Michael Hackett, Eric Kripke, Chris Moore, George Nolfi, Joel Viertel
- Musicians: Thomas Newman
- Cinematographers: John Toll
- Editors: Jay Rabinowitz
- Runtime: 106 min / 1h 46min
- Year: 2011
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 9
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.