The Andromeda Strain (1971)
G | 2h 11min | Thriller, Sci-Fi
The Andromeda Strain (1971) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Andromeda Strain (1971) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Theodore Lehmann, Richard O'Brien, John Carter, James Olson, Michael Bow
Directed by Robert Wise
Synopsis: A group of scientists investigate a deadly new alien virus before it can spread.
Tagline: Rated G…But May Be Too INTENSE For Younger Children
Synopsis: When virtually all of the residents of Piedmont, New Mexico, are found dead after the return to Earth of a space satellite, the head of the US Air Force's Project Scoop declares an emergency. Many years prior to this incident, a group of eminent scientists led by Dr. Jeremy Stone (Arthur Hill) advocated for the construction of a secure laboratory facility that would serve as a base in the event an alien biological life form was returned to Earth from a space mission. Stone and his team - Drs. Dutton, Leavitt and Hall (David Wayne, Kate Reid, and James Olson, respectively)- go to the facility, known as Wildfire, and try to first isolate the life form while determining why two people from Piedmont (an old wino and a six-month-old baby) survived. The scientists methodically study the alien life form unaware that it has already mutated and presents a far greater danger in the lab, which is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device should it manage to escape.
Tagline: Rated G...But May Be Too INTENSE For Younger Children
Storyline: A group of scientists investigate a deadly new alien virus before it can spread.
The Andromeda Strain (1971) Movie Details
- Directors: Robert Wise
- Writers: Michael Crichton, Nelson Gidding
- Cast: Theodore Lehmann, Richard O'Brien, John Carter, James Olson, Michael Bow, Arthur Hill, Georgia Schmidt, Jan Burrell, Michael Pataki, Walker Edmiston, Johnny Lee, Jason Johnson, Peter Helm, Don Ellis, Alma Platt, Joe Di Reda, Judy Farrell, Quinn K. Redeker, Glenn Langan, Carl Reindel, Sheila Jo Guthrie, Clark Savage, Peter Hobbs, Eric Christmas, Ken Swofford, Ray Harris, Reuben Singer, Ivor Barry, Garry Walberg, Richard Bull
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Robert Wise
- Musicians: Gil Melle
- Cinematographers: Richard H. Kline
- Editors: Stuart Gilmore, John W. Holmes
- Runtime: 131 min / 2h 11min
- Year: 1971
- MPAA Rating: G
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0014 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.