The Animatrix (2003)
R | 1h 40min | Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Animation
The Animatrix (2003) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Animatrix (2003) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Keanu Reeves, John DiMaggio, Carrie-Anne Moss, Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Kenny
Directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Peter Chung, Andrew R. Jones, Takeshi Koike, Mahiro Maeda, Kôji Morimoto, Shinichirô Watanabe, Kôji Morimoto
Synopsis: The Animatrix is a collection of several animated short films, detailing the backstory of the "Matrix" universe, and the original war between man and machines which led to the creation of the Matrix.
Tagline: Free your mind.
Synopsis: Anthology of nine short anime (Japanese animation) films tied in to the 1999 blockbuster "The Matrix" and its sequels. "Final Flight of the Osiris": The crew of the hovercraft Osiris attempt to warn their city of an imminent attack. "The Second Renaissance, Parts 1 & 2": The story behind the war between man and the machines, how mankind scorched the sky, and the creation of the Matrix. "Kid's Story": A teenager is contacted by Neo, and manages to escape the Matrix. "Program": Two warriors battle in a samurai training simulation when one decides to betray his crewmates and re-enter the Matrix. "World Record": A champion sprinter manages to break free of the Matrix by sheer physical effort during a record attempt. "Beyond": A young girl searching for her cat discovers a haunted house caused by a glitch in the system. "A Detective Story": Private investigator Ash tracks a hacker named Trinity through the looking glass. "Matriculated": A group of humans capture a machine scout and insert it into a 'human matrix'.
Tagline: Free your mind.
Storyline: The Animatrix is a collection of several animated short films, detailing the backstory of the "Matrix" universe, and the original war between man and machines which led to the creation of the Matrix.
The Animatrix (2003) Movie Details
- Directors: Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Peter Chung, Andrew R. Jones, Takeshi Koike, Mahiro Maeda, Kôji Morimoto, Shinichirô Watanabe, Kôji Morimoto
- Writers: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
- Cast: Keanu Reeves, John DiMaggio, Carrie-Anne Moss, Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Kenny, John DeMita, Tara Strong, Debi Derryberry, Pamela Adlon, Alex Fernandez, Julia Fletcher, Rick Gomez, Clayton Watson, Dwight Schultz, John Wesley, James Arnold Taylor, Jack Fletcher, Matt McKenzie, Allison Smith, Phil LaMarr, Tress MacNeille, Hedy Burress, Akio Ôtsuka, Terrence 'T.C.' Carson, Kath Soucie, Melinda Clarke, Victor Williams, Eric Aten, Bill R. Dean, Bette Ford
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Animation
- Producers: Jun Aida, Michael Arias, Spencer Lamm, Masao Maruyama, Gary Mundell, Yoshimichi Murata, Phil Oosterhouse, Soon-Hong Park, Steve Richards, Suguru Sato, Joel Silver, Cameron Stevning, Hiroaki Takeuchi, Eiko Tanaka, Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski, Hiroto Yonemori
- Musicians: Don Davis, Machine Head, Photek
- Editors: Christopher S. Capp
- Our Score: 8/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 8.1/10 of 66,492 Votes!
- Runtime: 100 min / 1h 40min
- Year: 2003
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 2
- Nominations: 4
Elapsed Time: 0.0018 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.