The Bay (2012)
R | 1h 24min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
The Bay (2012) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Bay (2012) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Justin Welborn, Anthony Reynolds, Robert C. Treveiler, Jody Thompson, Andrew R. Kaplan
Directed by Barry Levinson
From Lionsgate and Barry Levinson comes The Bay. The Bay sets place in a sleepy town of Chesapeake Bay. The entire town revolves around the water. Two biological researchers from France find extremely high levels of toxicity in the water from the bay. The researchers immediately alert the mayor but he refuses to do anything in fear of scaring the community. The town quickly becomes the center place for an extremely vile plague that turns the people of Chesapeake Bay into hosts for a mutant breed of parasites. These parasites take control of the hosts minds and eventually consume their very lives.
This movie looks scary as hell and the trailer is done very well. I love the clips and footage that is added in the trailer. The trailer is jam packed with gross looking hosts for the parasites. The parasites look crazy cool also. I am definitely looking forward to this scary movie for 2012.
Director: Barry Levinson Writer: Michael Wallach
Starring: Kristen Connolly, Jane McNeill and Kether Donohue
Synopsis: This "found-footage" film is set in 2009 in the town of Claridge, Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay. During the town's annual 4th of July Crab Festival, townspeople become sick, exhibiting a variety of symptoms, which leads local news reporters to suspect something has infected the water there. No one is sure what it is or how it's transmitted, but as people start to behave strangely, and others turning up dead, fear spawns into panic. The town is shut down as government authorities confiscate video footage from every media or personal source they find, in an effort to cover-up the incident. But one local reporter who witnessed the epidemic, was able to document, assemble, and hide this film in hopes that one day, the horrible truth would be revealed . . .
Tagline: Panic feeds on fear.
Storyline: Chaos breaks out in a small Maryland town after an ecological disaster occurs.
The Bay (2012) Movie Details
- Directors: Barry Levinson
- Writers: Michael Wallach, Barry Levinson
- Cast: Justin Welborn, Anthony Reynolds, Robert C. Treveiler, Jody Thompson, Andrew R. Kaplan, Tim Parati, Ron Stafford, Jane McNeill, Stacy Rabon, Kristen Connolly, Andy Stahl, Michael Beasley, Alisa Harris, Jeff Albertson, Lauren Cohn, Frank Deal, Mellie Boozer, Rasool J'Han, Sharon McHenryPower, Tim Ross, Christopher Denham, Jonathan Hart, Brandon O'Dell, Dave Hager, Wyatt Hays, Toni Soshoff, Tara Polhemus, John Harrington Bland, David Andalman, Murat Erdan
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Jason Blum, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Paul A. Levin, Barry Levinson, Spencer Medof, Liam O'Donnell, Oren Peli, Steven Schneider, Jason Sosnoff, Colin Strause, Greg Strause, Jeanette Volturno, Michael Wallach
- Musicians: Marcelo Zarvos
- Cinematographers: Josh Nussbaum
- Editors: Aaron Yanes
- Runtime: 84 min / 1h 24min
- Year: 2012
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0021 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.