The Box (2009)
PG-13 | 1h 55min | Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Fantasy
The Box (2009) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Box (2009) Plot & Synopsis
Starring James Marsden, Robert Harvey, Frank Langella, James Rebhorn, John Franchi
Directed by Richard Kelly
Screen siren Cameron Diaz and former X-Man James Marsden star in the supernatural horror picture The Box (2008), directed by Donnie Darko cult fave Richard Kelly. The film’s premise involves a strange and ominous box granted to a young couple by a mysterious stranger (Frank Langella). They are informed that pressing various buttons on the box will grant them riches while killing a person unknown to them in the process. Executive produced by Ted Hamm, the film was adapted by Kelly from Richard Matheson’s 1970 short story Button, Button.
Synopsis: Norma and Arthur Lewis, a suburban couple with a young child, receive a simple wooden box as a gift, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. However, pressing this button will simultaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world, someone they don't know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their possession, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the cross-hairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity.
Tagline: You Are The Experiment
Storyline: A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know.
The Box (2009) Movie Details
- Directors: Richard Kelly
- Writers: Richard Kelly, Richard Matheson
- Cast: James Marsden, Robert Harvey, Frank Langella, James Rebhorn, John Franchi, Lisa K. Wyatt, Keith Fluker, Richard Pacheco, Gillian Jacobs, Franz Strassmann, David Struffolino, Don Hewitt, Basil Hoffman, John Magaro, Jay Gates, Jenna Lamia, Benjamin Crocker, Floyd Richardson, Gentry Lee, Steven Howitt, Celia Weston, Jamie Christopher White, Holmes Osborne, Cameron Diaz, Danny Carney, Kevin DeCoste, Mark Hetherington, Michael Zegen, Alex Milne, Deborah Rush
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Fantasy
- Producers: Sue Baden-Powell, Terry Dougas, Ted Field, Edward H. Hamm Jr., Richard Kelly, Paris Kasidokostas Latsis, Dan Lin, Sean McKittrick
- Musicians: Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Owen Pallett
- Cinematographers: Steven Poster
- Editors: Sam Bauer
- Our Score: 5/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 4.94/10 of 83,461 Votes!
- Runtime: 115 min / 1h 55min
- Year: 2009
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 6
Elapsed Time: 0.0012 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.