The Host (2013)
PG-13 | 2h 05min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Romance
The Host (2013) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Host (2013) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Luke Burnyeat, John L. Armijo, William Hurt, Bokeem Woodbine, Gustavo I. Ortiz
Directed by Andrew Niccol
Twilight author Stephanie Meyer‘s New York Times bestseller has been adapted to the big after The Twilight Saga‘s success of course. Andrew Niccol directs an alien love story where a girl has been possessed by a body-snatching alien and since the girl refuses to surrender her mind to the alien, they both set out to help the boy the girls loves. The world has been over taken by an unseen alien threat that steals the bodies of it’s victims and over powers the host minds. Only a small amount of renegade “wild” humans remain in the world. Melanie played by Saoirse Ronan, finds her alien threat named Wanderer. Wanderer is an alien “spirit” who has been warned by the difficulties in claiming a human host. Wanderer becomes deeply touched by Melanie’s vivid dreams and memories. Wanderer instead joins with Melanie in aiding her quest.
Synopsis: A race of non-corporeal, parasitic aliens who go from planet to planet looking for hosts have come to Earth and basically taken over the human race. It's believed that, once inside a body, all memories of the host human are gone. Some few free humans remain hidden from them, forming a resistance group. When an alien Seeker captures a girl named Melanie and puts a Wanderer in her body, she hopes to find out where the remaining humans are gathered, but Melanie, a strong fighter able to converse with the alien in her commandeered body, convinces the Wanderer to say nothing. Disappointed by the lack of progress (though suspecting an empathy for the human), the Seeker informs the Wanderer that she'll be removed and placed in a new host while she herself will enter Melanie. With human lives at risk, Melanie convinces Wanderer to run away and hide out with the humans, but finding them doesn't mean they'll allow an alien presence among them. Jared (Melanie's boyfriend) wants her dead, but Jeb (Melanie's uncle) wants to wait, and Ian, tasked with guarding her, finds himself siding with Jeb. As Ian begins to fall for Melanie, a strange love triangle develops, with Ian wanting Wanderer (inhabiting Melanie's body), Jared wanting Melanie (imprisoned inside her own body), and no one knowing any way to separate the two without killing both.
Tagline: You will be one of us
Storyline: When an unseen enemy threatens mankind by taking over their bodies and erasing their memories, Melanie will risk everything to protect the people she cares most about, proving that love can conquer all in a dangerous new world.
The Host (2013) Movie Details
- Directors: Andrew Niccol
- Writers: Andrew Niccol, Stephenie Meyer
- Cast: Luke Burnyeat, John L. Armijo, William Hurt, Bokeem Woodbine, Gustavo I. Ortiz, Yohance Myles, J.D. Evermore, Scott Lawrence, Jaylen Moore, Marcus Lyle Brown, Mustafa Harris, Boyd Holbrook, Raeden Greer, Katherine Jeanie Russell, Saoirse Ronan, Shannan Wagenman, John Wilmot, Stephen Conroy, Alexandria Morrow, Phil Austin, Janet L'Aube, Alex Russell, Tatanka Means, Emily Browning, Jake Abel, Gerard 'Jerry' Lewis, Erik Beacham, Andrea Frankle, Sam Blankenship, David House
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Romance
- Producers: Ray Angelic, Claudia Bluemhuber, Dave Bogosian, Lizzy Bradford, Marc Butan, Uwe Feuersenger, Meghan Hibbett, Bill Johnson, Stephenie Meyer, Paula Mae Schwartz, Roger Schwartz, Steve Schwartz, Jim Seibel, Nick Wechsler
- Musicians: Antonio Pinto
- Cinematographers: Roberto Schaefer
- Editors: Thomas J. Nordberg
- Runtime: 125 min / 2h 05min
- Year: 2013
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.