The Manitou (1977)
PG | 1h 44min | Horror, Sci-Fi
The Manitou (1977) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Blu-ray: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Manitou (1977) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Felix Silla, Michael Laren, Joe Gieb, Stella Stevens, Lurene Tuttle
Directed by William Girdler
Synopsis: A psychic’s girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit.
Tagline: Time could not stop him. Space could not hold him. Science could not destroy him. The MANITOU…it has awakened!
Synopsis: Karen Tandy enters a San Franisco hospital suffering from a tumor growing in her neck. Her surprised doctors think it's a living creature, a fetus being born inside the tumor. Fortune-teller Harry Erskine dismisses it -- until one of his customers begins speaking in tongues and fatally throws herself down a flight of stairs, and Karen's surgeon attempts to cut off his own hand rather than excise her tumor. Erskine finally seeks help from another fortune teller, Amelia Crusoe, and her husband, to try to learn the cause of these supernatural events. When Karen's tumor gets larger, Dr. Snow speculates that within her tumor lives vengeful 400-year-old Indian spirit. Erskine travels to South Dakota to enlist the aid of Indian medicine man John Singing Rock to force the evil spirit out of Karen and back where it came. The Indian spirit is driven from Karen's tumor, but will it take over others before Singing Rock can send him back?
Tagline: Time could not stop him. Space could not hold him. Science could not destroy him. The MANITOU...it has awakened!
Storyline: A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit.
The Manitou (1977) Movie Details
- Directors: William Girdler
- Writers: Graham Masterton, William Girdler, Jon Cedar
- Cast: Felix Silla, Michael Laren, Joe Gieb, Stella Stevens, Lurene Tuttle, Jeanette Nolan, Joe Dorsey, Tony Curtis, Burgess Meredith, Paul Mantee, Jan Heininger, Cindy Stanford, Susan Strasberg, Tenaya Torres, Jon Cedar, Carole Hemingway, Beverly Kushida, Charles Kissinger, Michael Andreas, Mick Dyrenforth, Loren Elaine, Hugh Corcoran, Michael Ansara, Ann Sothern, Anne Newman Bacal
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Jon Cedar, William Girdler, Melvin G. Gordy, David Sheldon, Scott M. Siegler, Gilles de Turenne, Melvin Simon, Herman Weist
- Musicians: Lalo Schifrin
- Cinematographers: Michel Hugo
- Editors: Bub Asman
- Runtime: 104 min / 1h 44min
- Year: 1977
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 2
Elapsed Time: 0.0014 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.