The Matrix (1999)
R | 2h 16min | Sci-Fi, Action
The Matrix (1999) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Matrix (1999) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Hugo Weaving, Keanu Reeves, Rana Morrison, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss
Directed by Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski, Andy Wachowski
Synopsis: A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
Tagline: Free your mind
Synopsis: Thomas A. Anderson is a man living two lives. By day he is an average computer programmer and by night a hacker known as Neo. Neo has always questioned his reality, but the truth is far beyond his imagination. Neo finds himself targeted by the police when he is contacted by Morpheus, a legendary computer hacker branded a terrorist by the government. Morpheus awakens Neo to the real world, a ravaged wasteland where most of humanity have been captured by a race of machines that live off of the humans' body heat and electrochemical energy and who imprison their minds within an artificial reality known as the Matrix. As a rebel against the machines, Neo must return to the Matrix and confront the agents: super-powerful computer programs devoted to snuffing out Neo and the entire human rebellion.
Tagline: Free your mind
Storyline: A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
The Matrix (1999) Movie Details
- Directors: Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski, Andy Wachowski
- Writers: Lilly Wachowski, Lana Wachowski
- Cast: Hugo Weaving, Keanu Reeves, Rana Morrison, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Robert Simper, David Aston, Nash Edgerton, Anthony Ray Parker, Chris Pattinson, Gloria Foster, Joe Pantoliano, Robert Taylor, Marc Aden Gray, Mike Duncan, Ada Nicodemou, Bill Young, Deni Gordon, Lawrence Woodward, Rowan Witt, Michael Butcher, Eleanor Witt, Bernard Ledger, Tamara Brown, Janaya Pender, Nigel Harbach, Adryn White, Natalie Tjen, David O'Connor, Marcus Chong
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action
- Producers: Bruce Berman, Dan Cracchiolo, Carol Hughes, Andrew Mason, Richard Mirisch, Barrie M. Osborne, Joel Silver, Erwin Stoff, Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski
- Musicians: Don Davis
- Cinematographers: Bill Pope
- Editors: Zach Staenberg
- Our Score: 9/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 8.5/10 of 1,443,515 Votes!
- Runtime: 136 min / 2h 16min
- Year: 1999
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 4
- Awards: 37
- Nominations: 49
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.