The Meg (2018)
PG-13 | 1h 53min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action
The Meg (2018) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Meg (2018) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Rainn Wilson, Christian Hipolito, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Tim Wong
Directed by Jon Turteltaub
Warner Bros. revealed that all is moving forward with Steve Alten‘s novel movie adaptation Meg. Jon Turteltaub‘s Meg (2018) will release in movie theaters on March 2, 2018. Jason Statham and Fan Bingbing will star against a massive Megalodon shark. Principal photography and production will start later this 2016 year.
Update: Meg has now been pushed back to August 10, 2018, release date from previous March 2, 2018.
Update: The Meg (2018) now has an official trailer and poster attached to the film.
Press Release: (May 16, 2016 - Burbank, CA) - Warner Bros. Pictures has set a March 2, 2018 U.S. release date for the new science fiction action thriller based on Steve Alten’s book, “Meg.”
The film will be co-financed by Flagship Entertainment; Gravity Pictures, a division of China Media Capital (CMC); and Warner Bros. Pictures. Gravity Pictures will distribute the film in China and Warner Bros. will distribute the film throughout the rest of the world.
Jon Turtletaub (the “National Treasure” movies, “Last Vegas”) will direct the film. The film stars Jason Statham (“Spy,” “Furious 7,” “The Expendables” films) and award-winning Chinese actress Fan Bingbing (“Buddha Mountain,” “Iron Man 3,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”).
Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Belle Avery and Colin Wilson are producing the film, with Wei Wayne Jiang, Barrie M. Osborne, Randy Greenberg and Gerald R. Molen serving as executive producers.
An international underwater observation program, led by Chinese scientists, is under attack by an unknown danger, and its deep-sea submersible lies disabled and trapped at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. With time running out, former Naval Captain and expert deep sea diver Jonas Taylor (Statham) is recruited by Dr. Zhang Suyin, lead oceanographer of the program, for what is likely a suicide mission. Years before, Taylor had encountered this same terrifying threat, which forced him to abort his mission and abandon half his crew, resulting in disgrace and a dishonorable discharge. Now, Taylor must confront his fears and risk his own life to save everyone trapped below…bringing him face to face once more with the apex predator of all time.
Principal photography and production will begin later this year in China and New Zealand.
Synopsis: Five years ago, expert sea diver and Naval Captain Jonas Taylor encountered an unknown danger in the unexplored recesses of the Mariana Trench that forced him to abort his mission and abandon half his crew. Though the tragic incident earned him a dismissal from service, what ultimately cost him his career, his marriage and any semblance of honor was his unsupported and incredulous claims of what caused it - an attack on his vessel by a mammoth, 70-foot sea creature, believed to be extinct for more than a million years. But when a submersible lies sunk and disabled at the bottom of the ocean - carrying his ex-wife among the team onboard - he is the one who gets the call. Whether a shot at redemption or a suicide mission, Jonas must confront his fears and risk his own life and the lives of everyone trapped below on a single question: Could the Carcharodon Megalodon - the largest marine predator that ever existed - still be alive - and on the hunt?
Tagline: The most feared predator in history...is no longer history.
Storyline: A group of scientists exploring the Marianas Trench encounter the largest marine predator that has ever existed - the Megalodon.
The Meg (2018) Movie Details
- Directors: Jon Turteltaub
- Writers: Dean Georgaris, Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber
- Cast: Rainn Wilson, Christian Hipolito, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Tim Wong, Jason Statham, Mark Trotter, Edwin Wright, Robert Taylor, Bingbing Fan, Bingbing Li, Ruby Rose, Rob Kipa-Williams, Tawanda Manyimo, Masi Oka, Page Kennedy, Dylan Thomas Knight, Sarina Steed, Cliff Curtis, Julia Overby, Jeff Runge, Rachel Potter, Winston Chao, Marc Copage, Yoson An, Leand Macadaan, Hongmei Mai, Jessica McNamee, Shuya Sophia Cai, Wei Yi
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action
- Producers: Kenneth Atchity, Belle Avery, Jie Chen, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Randy Greenberg, Tom Hern, Ben Erwei Ji, Wayne Wei Jiang, Ming Beaver Kwei, Man-Yiu Lee, Hao Li, Alexandra Loewy, Gerald R. Molen, Chantal Nong, Barrie M. Osborne, Chunzi Wang, Colin Wilson, Chi-Li Wong, Catherine Xujun Ying
- Musicians: Harry Gregson-Williams
- Cinematographers: Tom Stern
- Editors: Steven Kemper, Kelly Matsumoto
- Runtime: 113 min / 1h 53min
- Year: 2018
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 4
- Nominations: 5
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.