The Running Man (1987)
R | 1h 41min | Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Crime
The Running Man (1987) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Running Man (1987) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Lin Shaye, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Thomas Rosales Jr., Sven-Ole Thorsen, George P. Wilbur
Directed by Paul Michael Glaser
Synopsis: A wrongly convicted man must try to survive a public execution gauntlet staged as a game show.
Tagline: The year is 2019. The finest men in America don’t run for President. They run for their lives.
Synopsis: In the year 2017, the world economy has collapsed. The great freedoms of the United States are no longer, as the once great nation has sealed off its borders and become a militarized police state, censoring all film, art, literature, and communications. Even so, a small resistance force led by two revolutionaries manages to fight the oppression. With full control over the media, the government attempts to quell the nation's yearning for freedom by broadcasting a number of game shows on which convicted criminals fight for their lives. The most popular and sadistic of these programs is "The Running Man," hosted by Damon Killian. When a peaceful protest of starving citizens gathers in Bakersfield, California, a police officer named Ben Richards is ordered to fire on the crowd, which he refuses to do. Subdued by the other officers, the attack is carried out, and Richards is framed for the murder of almost a hundred unarmed civilians. Following a daring jail break months later, Richards is captured once again and forced to appear on "The Running Man" with three other convicts. With their help, he fights his way through a cadre of sadistic gladiators hunting them down through the ruins of a Los Angeles earthquake, but not promising Killian that he'll return to settle the score when the show's host double-crosses him. In the meantime, the contestants must search through the ruins for the resistance in the hopes of finally broadcasting the truth about the government.
Tagline: The year is 2019. The finest men in America don't run for President. They run for their lives.
Storyline: A wrongly convicted man must try to survive a public execution gauntlet staged as a game show.
The Running Man (1987) Movie Details
- Directors: Paul Michael Glaser
- Writers: Stephen King, Steven E. de Souza
- Cast: Lin Shaye, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Thomas Rosales Jr., Sven-Ole Thorsen, George P. Wilbur, Maria Conchita Alonso, Joel Kramer, Kurt Fuller, Rodger Bumpass, Greg Lewis, Yaphet Kotto, Wayne Grace, Jim Brown, Billy D. Lucas, Franco Columbu, Jesse Ventura, Boyd Kestner, Lynne Marie Stewart, Dona Hardy, Mel Scott-Thomas, Ken Lerner, Bryan Kestner, Dey Young, Donna Hardy, Megan Gallivan, Bill Margolin, Suzie Hardy, Sheree Ali, Tony Brubaker, Debby Harris
- Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action, Crime
- Producers: Keith Barish, Rob Cohen, George Linder, Tim Zinnemann
- Musicians: Harold Faltermeyer, Vassal Benford
- Cinematographers: Thomas Del Ruth
- Editors: Mark Warner, Edward A. Warschilka, John Wright
- Our Score: 8/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.59/10 of 126,670 Votes!
- Runtime: 101 min / 1h 41min
- Year: 1987
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 3
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.