The Stepford Wives (2004)
PG-13 | 1h 33min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Comedy
The Stepford Wives (2004) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Stepford Wives (2004) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Christopher Walken, Glenn Close, Larry King, Nicole Kidman, Tanoai Reed
Directed by Frank Oz
Synopsis: What does it take to become a Stepford wife, a woman perfect beyond belief? Ask the Stepford husbands, who've created this high-tech terrifying little town, in a very modern comedy-thriller.
Tagline: Make one.
Synopsis: Joanna Eberhart, a wildly successful president of a TV Network, after a series of shocking events, suffers a nervous breakdown and is moved by her milquetoast of a husband, Walter, from Manhattan to the chic, upper-class, and very modern planned community of Stepford, Connecticut. Once there, she makes good friends with the acerbic Bobbie Markowitz, a Jewish writer who's also a recovering alcoholic. Together they find out, much to their growing stupor and-then horror, that all the housewives in town are strangely blissful and, somehow... doomed. What is going on behind the closed doors of the Stepford Men's Association and the Stepford Day Spa? Why is everything perfect here? Will it be too late for Joanna and Bobbie when they finally find out?
Tagline: Make one.
Storyline: The secret to a Stepford wife lies behind the doors of the Men's Association of how women become different and immobilized robots.
The Stepford Wives (2004) Movie Details
- Directors: Frank Oz
- Writers: Ira Levin, Paul Rudnick
- Cast: Christopher Walken, Glenn Close, Larry King, Nicole Kidman, Tanoai Reed, KaDee Strickland, Vivian Kalinov, Jon Lovitz, Mike White, Matt Malloy, Tom Riis Farrell, Blaise Corrigan, Maxwell Peters, Richard O'Rourke, Munro M. Bonnell, Bette Midler, C.S. Lee, Jennifer Alexander, Roger Bart, Mary Beth Peil, Andrea Anders, Elizabeth Austin, Linda Rivera Bradt, Tim Miller, Sy Milberg, Deanna Dys, Steve Brown, Tarajia Morrell, Sal Rinella, Lorri Bagley
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Comedy
- Producers: Ron Bozman, Leslie Converse, Donald De Line, Gabriel Grunfeld, Scott Rudin, Edgar J. Scherick, Keri Selig
- Musicians: David Arnold
- Cinematographers: Rob Hahn
- Editors: Jay Rabinowitz
- Our Score: 3/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 3.67/10 of 54,626 Votes!
- Runtime: 93 min / 1h 33min
- Year: 2004
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 3
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0012 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.