The Thing (1982)
R | 1h 49min | Horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery
The Thing (1982) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Thing (1982) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Kurt Russell, Adrienne Barbeau, John Carpenter, Keith David, Norbert Weisser
Directed by John Carpenter
Master of Horror John Carpenter directed The Thing (1982), and this horror mystery sci-fi film is one I can watch every month of the year. A research facility crew discover a creature that can become anything it touches. The only weakness it has is to fire. The Thing had an estimated movie budget of $15 million and grossed $13,782,838 at the box office. Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, and Keith David star in The Thing.
Synopsis: A US research station, Antarctica, early-winter 1982. The base is suddenly buzzed by a helicopter from the nearby Norwegian research station. They are trying to kill a dog that has escaped from their base. After the destruction of the Norwegian chopper the members of the US team fly to the Norwegian base, only to discover them all dead or missing. They do find the remains of a strange creature the Norwegians burned. The Americans take it to their base and deduce that it is an alien life form. After a while it is apparent that the alien can take over and assimilate into other life forms, including humans, and can spread like a virus. This means that anyone at the base could be inhabited by The Thing, and tensions escalate.
Tagline: Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
Storyline: A research team in Antarctica is hunted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of its victims.
The Thing (1982) Movie Details
- Directors: John Carpenter
- Writers: Bill Lancaster, John W. Campbell Jr.
- Cast: Kurt Russell, Adrienne Barbeau, John Carpenter, Keith David, Norbert Weisser, Charles Hallahan, Wilford Brimley, Larry Franco, David Clennon, Richard Dysart, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur, Larry J. Franco, Jed, T.K. Carter, Donald Moffat, Joel Polis, Thomas G. Waites, Nate Irwin, William Zeman
- Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Stuart Cohen, David Foster, Larry Franco, Wilbur Stark, Lawrence Turman
- Musicians: Ennio Morricone
- Cinematographers: Dean Cundey
- Editors: Todd C. Ramsay
- Our Score: 10/10 by Levi White
- Average Rating: 8.29/10 of 317,715 Votes!
- Runtime: 109 min / 1h 49min
- Year: 1982
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 3
Elapsed Time: 0.0017 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.49MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.