The Thing (2011)
R | 1h 43min | Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
The Thing (2011) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
The Thing (2011) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jonathan Walker, Michael Brown
Directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.
Antarctica: an extraordinary continent of awesome beauty. It is also home to an isolated outpost where a discovery full of scientific possibility becomes a mission of survival when an alien is unearthed by a crew of international scientists. The shape-shifting creature, accidentally unleashed at this marooned colony, has the ability to turn itself into a perfect replica of any living being. It can look just like you or me, but inside, it remains inhuman. In the thriller ‘The Thing,’ paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they’re infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet.Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up.When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew’s pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.‘The Thing’ serves as a prelude to John Carpenter’s classic 1982 film of the same name. Directed by Matthijs van Heijningen, the thriller is produced by Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and [$Eric Newman (‘Dawn of the Dead’).
Synopsis: Paleontologist Kate Lloyd is invited by Dr. Sandor Halvorson to join his team who have found something extraordinary. Deep below the Arctic ice, they have found an alien spacecraft that has been there for perhaps 100,000 years. Not far from where the craft landed, they find the remains of the occupant. It's cut out of the ice and taken back to their camp but as the ice melts, the creature reanimates and not only begins to attack them but manages to infect them, with team members devolving into the alien creature.
Tagline: It's not human. Yet.
Storyline: At an Antarctica research site, the discovery of an alien craft leads to a confrontation between graduate student Kate Lloyd and scientist Dr. Sander Halvorson.
The Thing (2011) Movie Details
- Directors: Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.
- Writers: Eric Heisserer, John W. Campbell Jr.
- Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jonathan Walker, Michael Brown, Eric Christian Olsen, Ulrich Thomsen, Kristofer Hivju, Jørgen Langhelle, Jan Gunnar Røise, Carsten Bjørnlund, Paul Braunstein, Trond Espen Seim, Kim Bubbs, Jørgen Langhelle, Jan Gunnar Røise, Stig Henrik Hoff, Jo Adrian Haavind, Carsten Bjørnlund, Ole Martin Aune Nilsen
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery
- Producers: Marc Abraham, J. Miles Dale, David Foster, Gabrielle Neimand, Eric Newman, Lawrence Turman
- Musicians: Marco Beltrami
- Cinematographers: Michel Abramowicz
- Editors: Peter Boyle, Julian Clarke
- Our Score: 4/10 by Levi White
- Average Rating: 4.56/10 of 108,516 Votes!
- Runtime: 103 min / 1h 43min
- Year: 2011
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 5
Elapsed Time: 0.0019 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.