Thor: The Dark World (2013)
PG-13 | 1h 52min | Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
Thor: The Dark World (2013) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
Thor: The Dark World (2013) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Stan Lee, Chris Evans, Bern Collaço, Stellan Skarsgård, Stellan Skarsgård
Directed by Alan Taylor
Synopsis: When Dr. Jane Foster gets cursed with a powerful entity known as the Aether, Thor is heralded of the cosmic event known as the Convergence and the genocidal Dark Elves.
Synopsis: Thousands of years ago, a race of beings known as Dark Elves tried to send the universe into darkness by using a weapon known as the Aether. Warriors from Asgard stop them but their leader Malekith escapes to wait for another opportunity. The warriors find the Aether and since it cannot be destroyed, they try to hide it. In the present day, Jane Foster awaits the return of Thor although it has been two years since they last saw once another. In the meantime, Thor has been trying to bring peace to the nine realms. Jane discovers an anomaly similar to the one that brought Thor to Earth. She goes to investigate, finds a wormhole, and is sucked into it. Back on Asgard, Thor wishes to return to Earth but his father, Odin refuses to let him. Thor learns from Heimdall, who can see into all of the realms, that Jane disappeared. Thor then returns to Earth just as Jane reappears. However, when some policemen try to arrest her, an unknown energy repulses them. Thor then brings Jane to Asgard to find out what happened to her. When the energy is released again, they discover that when Jane disappeared, she crossed paths with the Aether and it entered her. Malekith, upon sensing that the time to strike is now, seeks out the Aether. He attacks Asgard and Thor's mother Frigga is killed protecting Jane. Odin wants to keep Jane on Asgard so that Malekith will come. Thor disagrees with his plan, so with his cohorts, he decides to take Jane away. He enlists the aid of his brother, Loki. Unfortunately, Loki's motivations remain unknown.
Tagline: There was darkness.
Storyline: When Dr. Jane Foster gets cursed with a powerful entity known as the Aether, Thor is heralded of the cosmic event known as the Convergence and the genocidal Dark Elves.
Thor: The Dark World (2013) Movie Details
- Directors: Alan Taylor
- Writers: Christopher L. Yost, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
- Cast: Stan Lee, Chris Evans, Bern Collaço, Stellan Skarsgård, Stellan Skarsgård, Bern Collaco, Chris Hemsworth, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Richard Brake, Christian Wolf-La'Moy, Julian Seager, Leigh Holland, Gintare Beinoraviciute, Tony Curran, Natalie Portman, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Benicio Del Toro, Alex Gillison, Ray Stevenson, Paul Warren, Matthew Skomo, Jd Roth-round, Alexander Gillison, Jimmy Pethrus, Alice Krige, James Michael Rankin, Corey Jovan, Chris Marchant
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Fantasy, Adventure
- Producers: Victoria Alonso, Kenneth Branagh, Jamie Christopher, Louis D'Esposito, Kevin Feige, Alan Fine, Nigel Gostelow, David J. Grant, Craig Kyle, Ivan Lam, Stan Lee
- Musicians: Brian Tyler
- Cinematographers: Kramer Morgenthau
- Editors: Dan Lebental, Wyatt Smith
- Our Score: 7/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 6.57/10 of 506,171 Votes!
- Runtime: 112 min / 1h 52min
- Year: 2013
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 3
- Nominations: 21
Elapsed Time: 0.0016 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2020 All rights reserved.