R | 1h 25min | Horror, Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi
Viral (2016) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- Netflix: May 01, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
- VOD: March 04, 2016
Viral (2016) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Michael Kelly, Analeigh Tipton, John Cothran, Travis Tope, Anna Ross
Directed by Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Co-directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman have brought us films like Nerve (2016), Paranormal Activity 3 (2011), and Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) but have kicked up their game for their latest film Viral (2016). Viral opens in movie theaters this upcoming July 29, 2016. Just finished watching the movie trailer and this poster, both are fantastic. Analeigh Tipton, Sofia Black-D’Elia, and Michael Kelly star in Viral.
From the Press Release:
Spread the word that an epidemic is coming. The heart-pounding thriller Viral will be released on DVD August 2, 2016, from Anchor Bay Entertainment, Radius-TWC, and Dimension Films and on Digital HD July 29, 2016, and On Demand August 2, 2016, from Starz Digital. The film stars Sofia Black-D’Elia (Project Almanac, “The Messengers”), Analeigh Tipton (Crazy, Stupid, Love; Lucy), Travis Tope (Independence Day: Resurgence), and Michael Kelly (“House of Cards,” Now You See Me, The Adjustment Bureau). Viral is an IM Global and Blumhouse International/Busted Shark Production, with producers Jason Blum, Sherryl Clark, and Matt Kaplan; is directed by the dynamic duo Henry Joost (Nerve, Paranormal Activity 3 & 4) and Ariel Schulman (Nerve, Paranormal Activity 3 & 4); and was written by Barbara Marshall and Christopher Landon.
Teenage sisters Emma (Sofia Black-D’Elia) and Stacey (Analeigh Tipton) live a normal life, until their small suburban neighborhood is stricken with a mysterious parasitic virus. As the disease rapidly spreads throughout the town, the two band together to barricade themselves from infection. But it may already be too late - when the virus enters their home, the sisters are faced with an impossible choice: protect each other, or survive the virus.
Viral will be available on DVD from Anchor Bay Entertainment on August 2 for the suggested retail price of $19.98.
Synopsis: Emma and her sister Stacey are normal teenagers in a small town, when a mysterious infection begins to spread. With the town quarantined, and their parents stuck on the other side of the barrier, the girls have a blast eating junk food and sneaking out to go to parties. But when the disease starts to infect people they know, the girls, together with their neighbor Evan (Emma's secret crush), barricade themselves into their home. But it may already be too late, as the infection is already in their midst, and Emma will be faced with a choice: protect her sister or survive the virus.
Tagline: Fear what's inside
Storyline: Following the outbreak of a virus that wipes out the majority of the human population, a young woman documents her family's new life in quarantine and tries to protect her infected sister.
Viral (2016) Movie Details
- Directors: Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
- Writers: Barbara Marshall, Christopher Landon
- Cast: Michael Kelly, Analeigh Tipton, John Cothran, Travis Tope, Anna Ross, Jay Hieron, William Patrick Brown, Erik A. Williams, Sofia Black-D'Elia, Isabelle Sitterle, Philip Labes, Lucy Morningstar, Alizabeth Hamer, Paul Lacovara, Shawn Turner, Matt Knudsen, Alexa Fischer, Jennifer Say Gan, Frisco Cosme, Linzie Gray, Brit Kyle, Brendon Eggertsen, Rick Craft, Dean Neistat, Michael Rader, James Clayton, Paul Trunz, Stoney Westmoreland, Annie Ellis, Brianne Howey
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Drama, Sci-Fi
- Producers: Jason Blum, Sherryl Clark, Phillip Dawe, Stuart Ford, Matt Jackson, Matthew Kaplan, Bill Karesh, Todd King, Robyn Marshall, James Moran, Steven Squillante, Jeanette Volturno, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein
- Musicians: Rob Simonsen
- Cinematographers: Magdalena Górka
- Editors: Ron Dulin, William Yeh
- Our Score: 6/10 by Florita A.
- Average Rating: 5.64/10 of 6,680 Votes!
- Runtime: 85 min / 1h 25min
- Year: 2016
- MPAA Rating: R
- Oscars: 0
- Awards: 0
- Nominations: 0
Elapsed Time: 0.0015 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.