G | 1h 38min | Sci-Fi, Adventure, Family, Animation
WALL-E (2008) Release Dates
- In Theaters: March 04, 2016
- DVD: May 01, 2016
WALL-E (2008) Plot & Synopsis
Starring Sigourney Weaver, Jess Harnell, Bob Bergen, Jan Rabson, John Ratzenberger
Directed by Andrew Stanton
Synopsis: In the distant future, a small waste-collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind.
Tagline: After 700 years of doing what he was built for - he’ll discover what he’s meant for.
Synopsis: In a distant, but not so unrealistic, future where mankind has abandoned earth because it has become covered with trash from products sold by the powerful multi-national Buy N Large corporation, WALL-E, a garbage collecting robot has been left to clean up the mess. Mesmerized with trinkets of Earth's history and show tunes, WALL-E is alone on Earth except for a sprightly pet cockroach. One day, EVE, a sleek (and dangerous) reconnaissance robot, is sent to Earth to find proof that life is once again sustainable. WALL-E falls in love with EVE. WALL-E rescues EVE from a dust storm and shows her a living plant he found amongst the rubble. Consistent with her "directive", EVE takes the plant and automatically enters a deactivated state except for a blinking green beacon. WALL-E, doesn't understand what has happened to his new friend, but, true to his love, he protects her from wind, rain, and lightning, even as she is unresponsive. One day a massive ship comes to reclaim EVE, but WALL-E, out of love or loneliness, hitches a ride on the outside of the ship to rescue EVE. The ship arrives back at a large space cruise ship, which is carrying all of the humans who evacuated Earth 700 years earlier. The people of Earth ride around this space resort on hovering chairs which give them a constant feed of TV and video chatting. They drink all of their meals through a straw out of laziness and/or bone loss, and are all so fat that they can barely move. When the auto-pilot computer, acting on hastily-given instructions sent many centuries before, tries to prevent the people of Earth from returning by stealing the plant, WALL-E, EVE, the portly captain, and a band of broken robots stage a mutiny.
Tagline: After 700 years of doing what he was built for - he'll discover what he's meant for.
Storyline: In the distant future, a small waste-collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind.
WALL-E (2008) Movie Details
- Directors: Andrew Stanton
- Writers: Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter
- Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Jess Harnell, Bob Bergen, Jan Rabson, John Ratzenberger, Fred Willard, Kathy Najimy, Sherry Lynn, Mickie McGowan, Jeff Garlin, Jeff Pidgeon, Pete Docter, Paul Eiding, Teresa Ganzel, Laraine Newman, Jim Ward, Niki McElroy, Lori Richardson, Lori Alan, Angus MacLane, Ben Burtt, Donald Fullilove, Elissa Knight, MacInTalk, Teddy Newton, John Cygan, Colette Whitaker, Kim Kopf, Andrew Stanton, Garrett Palmer
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Family, Animation
- Producers: Lindsey Collins, John Lasseter, Gillian Libbert, Chris Montan, Jim Morris, Thomas Porter
- Musicians: Thomas Newman
- Cinematographers: Martin Rosenberg
- Editors: Stephen Schaffer
- Runtime: 98 min / 1h 38min
- Year: 2008
- MPAA Rating: G
- Oscars: 1
- Awards: 89
- Nominations: 90
Elapsed Time: 0.0011 seconds, Memory Usage: 0.5MB
© 2017-2019 All rights reserved.